• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX8500 Sound coming from both control heads and external speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFDFireMedic

Feed Provider
Hi,

We are putting a new ambulance in service and I have a APX8500 with three control heads installed. The front cab control head has an external speaker, and the two in the patient compartment control heads have the telephone style remote speaker-mics for privacy. My issue is that I'm getting audio from EVERYWHERE. It's coming from the external speaker up front, both the telephone mics AND the 3 control heads.

I only want audio to be coming from the external sources, how to I disable the audio from the control heads? I've never had this issue before when installing external speakers to a single control head so I'm not sure what's up or different.

Did I miss something in CPS? Are they wired incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AFDFireMedic

Feed Provider
O2 control head? Unplug the internal speaker.

Yes, they are O2 control heads and I could do that... but why is this happening? All my single control head O2's just work when connected to an external speaker (and by "work" I mean don't also produce sound from the head speaker).

crazyboy

Either it is and you’re not noticing it or someone already unplugged the internal speaker.

AFDFireMedic

Feed Provider
Either it is and you’re not noticing it or someone already unplugged the internal speaker.

Okay, I must just never have notice this before or as you said they've all been unplugged in the past. My radio vendor is coming back to disconnect the speakers. Thanks for the info!

cmdrwill

control heads have the telephone style remote speaker-mics

Most all installations that have handsets, "telephone style", have a hang up cup. In the hang up cup is a switch that is used to disable the speaker when the handset is out of the cup. HUB aka hang up box, check the HUB setting in the programming of the radio/control head.

Status
Not open for further replies.