TwoToneDetect Heartbeat.log

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I would like to use the heartbeat.log file to monitor TwoTone Detect and receive an email and or text message if the file stops updating every minute. Looking for a script that can check the file and send the email and or reboot the the program. Any ideas would be appreciated. Windows 10 pro.

Thanks,

John

DC31

Feed Provider
Let’s see what others may have to offer, John. I use the heartbeat to monitor all my instances of TTD. The only hitch is that all mine run linux on raspberry pi’s. I am sure thst it can be done on Windows but I don’t know where to start.

The core of my monitoring system is node-red (nodered.org). It appears that this is also available for Windows 10. Running on Windows : Node-RED. NR includes a WATCH node which watches a file for changes and a WATCHDOG node that can be configured to send a notification if it doesn’t receive a periodic message.

Remember that if your failure is due to your computer going down, it won’t be able to send a notification. To cover this scenario, I use a remote MQTT server.

If you decide to go the node red route, I can help out.

johnmac

Feed Provider
Let’s see what others may have to offer, John. I use the heartbeat to monitor all my instances of TTD. The only hitch is that all mine run linux on raspberry pi’s. I am sure thst it can be done on Windows but I don’t know where to start.

The core of my monitoring system is node-red (nodered.org). It appears that this is also available for Windows 10. Running on Windows : Node-RED. NR includes a WATCH node which watches a file for changes and a WATCHDOG node that can be configured to send a notification if it doesn’t receive a periodic message.

Remember that if your failure is due to your computer going down, it won’t be able to send a notification. To cover this scenario, I use a remote MQTT server.

If you decide to go the node red route, I can help out.

DC31 - Thanks for the info. Will wait and see if anyone else chimes in on windows software. Will also review the link you included. I did see your past post about the "Red - Node", but it was way over my head.

John

DC31

Feed Provider
Don’t be intimidated by my post about node-red. Take a look at putting it on your Windows unit. It is a graphical system and really requires no programming.

You can simply connect to my mqtt server for monitoring and notifications when your system goes down. Your node-red flow would consist of two nodes (see attached). The second one sends the heartbeat out to my mqtt server. If you get NR installed, i can give you the bits of info needed for those nodes.
87945688-75CB-4A15-89B8-5EEC3EBD7F80.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.