Broadcastify Feed Dashboard Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Apple makes a lot of money making a smart phone for people not smart enough for the real smart phones! :p:p

Or for people who prefer security and quality, like me. I refuse to allow Android products into my home, and Windows is only allowed for certain select things for which there is no other choice.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Or for people who prefer security and quality, like me. I refuse to allow Android products into my home, and Windows is only allowed for certain select things for which there is no other choice.

I prefer functionality. Any time I have to deal with an iPhone, it ends with me wanting to throw the thing into a chipper, as none of the controls are sensible.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I prefer functionality. Any time I have to deal with an iPhone, it ends with me wanting to throw the thing into a chipper, as none of the controls are sensible.

I have the same gripe about Android phones; they're a nightmare, and I've had to administer more than a few at work. For me, the iPhone is a productivity tool, which does what I need it to do beautifully and securely; I don't spend every waking moment on the thing so don't need for it to do the more esoteric stuff Android users can crash their phones with. My major gripe with Apple is stuff like HTML5 and Webkit incompatibilities, like those Lindsay mentioned, as well as dumbing down admin capabilities on the MacOS end.

And on the original topic, I did try out the dashboard features using Firefox. Very nice indeed.

NYRHKY94

The "scanning" function would be a great feature and very useful. I have been using Scanner Live for just that purpose for years. It would be awesome to also allow one of the 6 feeds to be a priority during scanning (like Scanner Live). Looking forward to this! Thanks!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Very nice, have two questions...

1. Is there a way to reach the dashboard from the home page? Could not find any links.
2. For feeds with meta tags will they be displayed?

Overall, I like this a lot

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Have to agree, I like also. As one has said, it is would be similar to the now defunk RadioLog program.......

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
We're also looking at a "scanning" function which would mute other feeds when one is broadcasting.
A dedicated "Mute Others" button on each feed would also be handy. Sometimes you want all six playing at the same time, but hear something interesting on one feed and want to temporarily mute the other five. Was a very handy feature of RadioLog.

NYRHKY94

Feature Requests: (1) Allow one of the feeds to be a priority during Play All (i.e. scanning) so that when squelch breaks on that feed it takes precedence "and mutes" the other feeds (like Scanner Live) (2) Allow custom feed URL's to be added via actions (like Scanner Live)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@blantonl - Noticed on of the feeds I'm monitoring on the dashboard stopped playing and displayed a "Reconnecting" message. Just curious if this is a dashboard issue or a feed issue?

k2hz

Database Admin
2) Dashboard DOES NOT SUPPORT Apple's Safari or any browsers on IOS. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox should all work fine.

Would love to hear your feedback, comments, questions, and even feature requests etc.
It also works fine with Opera browser on Windows 10. I presently have 2 dashboards set up, each with 6 feeds. All features appear to be working properly.

I hope this could be implemented on the Broadcastify Android App in the future.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
@blantonl - Noticed on of the feeds I'm monitoring on the dashboard stopped playing and displayed a "Reconnecting" message. Just curious if this is a dashboard issue or a feed issue?
It's a feed or internet connection issue on your end.

Reconnecting means exactly that - the feed dropped and the dashboard is attempting to reconnect.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I rolled some changes today to the dashobard code

1) Fixed a bug in Mute All vs muting individual feeds which could result in mutes getting in an unstable state
2) New Feature: save feed volume and pan settings for custom dashboards.

Next up: Mute all others button for feeds.

ctscannerfan6

Feed Provider
This is a great start so far. I currently use the "ScannerLive" application on Windows for this functionality. It works really well, but will definitely be following this since it could be used on multiple platforms through a browser.

I agree that the scanning functionality will be a great feature. Similar to ScannerLive, I would want to be able to specify a priority channel and set custom squelch values to each channel to adjust for different volume levels while scanning.

Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.