RAN/Area Code Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
For some reason, my SDS200 stopped receiving one of three NXDN trunk systems I've been monitoring. Thinking that weird and being up in the area, I ran that system on DSD+ on my laptop. The system came in very well, as I expected.

Doing a manual drill down into the settings for the site, I found that RAN/Area Code was set to "Search." The problem was that there was no indication that there was searching going on. I don't remember setting the site up that way, because I know the RAN. I changed each site from "Search" to the correct RAN and the SDS started to scan the system perfectly.

It seems that the RAN/Area Code Search function doesn't work as it's intended.

Has anyone else tried this?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes if it downloads from the database the ran was set to 0 instead of search, also causing a similar problem

garys

Premium Subscriber
I didn't download this system from the database. I'm not even sure it's there. I did the programming after listening to the system on DSD+ and figuring out the LCN order.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I was under the assumption that RAN code "0" -was- search?

garys

Premium Subscriber
No, Search is Search, Ran 0 is Ran 0. In both the x36HP and SDS scanners, drilling down in the menu system will show both as choices if you go into the Sites/Frequencies area.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
How do you search for RAN codes with an SDS series?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Yea, that's what I had been doing. Was hoping with such an advanced scanner, there would be a more direct, specific way than just the generic "Digital search"

Status
Not open for further replies.