Unable to See Alpha Tags in Apps/Feed Online 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickWarzy

Feed Provider
(I have search for an hour & changed several setting to no avail).
I changed over to searching all five Columbus Police Dispatch channels since the other feed was deactivated. So normally ALPHA TAGS weren't needed since I was previously only scanning the one channel I lived in. How do I get the Channel Names to show in the feed (or apps).

* 996XT
* serial to USB
* RadioFeed to Broadcastify
* Scanner Data (Green) / Channel Active (Red) -- not sure if these are important
* ID SCAN mode (trunking)

I can see where "Scanning" is shown on Scanner Radio App but it doesn't change over to the CUSTOM FORMAT channel name. It has to be something simple -- I hope. Thanks for your help in advance.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
* Scanner Data (Green) / Channel Active (Red) -- not sure if these are important

That's important. It appears RadioFeed is communicating with the scanner. Scanner Data green light should flash.

Insure that no TGID's or conv. freqs are locked out in the Broadcast LO button.
Can you post a screenshot of the Metadata tab?

NickWarzy

Feed Provider
That's important. It appears RadioFeed is communicating with the scanner. Scanner Data green light should flash.

Insure that no TGID's or conv. freqs are locked out in the Broadcast LO button.
Can you post a screenshot of the Metadata tab?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 10

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The green light is off. When on it's bright green.
Is it flashing? If no then I would look at the communications. Make sure no other app is using the comm port. Check the Win Device Manager that the comm. port is working. If using the rear port then a null modem adapter or cable is required.

NickWarzy

Feed Provider
CHANNEL ACTIVE is off (red) -- never flashed, nor has it been green yet the feed is working. I have two feeds using RadioFeed now.
I checked the comm port and everything seems to be ok (only device on comm5). I did just update the drivers and restarted the PC (from recent Windows Updates).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
CHANNEL ACTIVE is off (red) -- never flashed, nor has it been green yet the feed is working. I have two feeds using RadioFeed now.
I checked the comm port and everything seems to be ok (only device on comm5). I did just update the drivers and restarted the PC (from recent Windows Updates).
Are you using the front or rear port?
What type of serial to USB converter using?
Try setting the RadioFeed port to None then back to 5. That will pop up a message if port 5 is in use.

NickWarzy

Feed Provider
Rear serial to usb (with an audio cable). I only ever used the front for programming (nothing plugged in at the moment).
Port 5 is only being used by the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Rear serial to usb (with an audio cable). I only ever used the front for programming (nothing plugged in at the moment).
Port 5 is only being used by the scanner.

The rear serial port requires a null modem adapter or cable. All that does is swap pins 2 & 3.

NickWarzy

Feed Provider
I got a null modem adapter and attached to the serial cable, nothing. So I removed it, plugged in the original cable and the alpha tags work. Odd. But all set... thanks for your answers!

Scanner Active light flashes green. Channel Active is red when active.

Is the latency available to delay the tags to better match the audio (while not using web server)?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I got a null modem adapter and attached to the serial cable, nothing. So I removed it, plugged in the original cable and the alpha tags work. Odd. But all set... thanks for your answers!

Scanner Active light flashes green. Channel Active is red when active.

Is the latency available to delay the tags to better match the audio (while not using web server)?

If the original cable works on the rear port then it must be a null modem type.

The audio and metadata leaves RadioFeed in sync. The latency is caused by the media player network buffer so nothing really can be done inside RadioFeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.