Fairfield County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hearing rumors that the repeatedly-delayed Fairfield County Fire migration to MARCS is scheduled for early January. Can anyone confirm, or is this another "we'd really like to do it by this date but just don't know if we can make it or not" situation?

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
Not at all. Was working with him on some programming on Pickaway Co and had the Fairfield tgs in an email from a previous contact and it was just easier to copy the email to him since he is an admin. If he doesn't add them I will add them to the database but will have to type them in from a pdf.. Probably laziness on my part.

jjbllitz

Premium Subscriber
They took the analog Broadcastify feed offline. Any word on whether they are going to restore it once they get the trunked system in place?

au1344

Premium Subscriber
They took the analog Broadcastify feed offline. Any word on whether they are going to restore it once they get the trunked system in place?
That would be up to the volunteer who provides the feed whether or not they can or want to invest money into the feed.

tk000

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Who exactly ran the previous Fairfield Co and Lancaster feeds? They weren't marked as official feeds, but I recall the descriptions mentioning something about using an antenna on the EMA building..?

I've had plans to put together a feed covering Fairfield County with an old scanner, but will need to do some testing now that they're on MARCS. Although that's buried in a list of a hundred other projects, so it's hard telling when I'll get to it.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Who exactly ran the previous Fairfield Co and Lancaster feeds? They weren't marked as official feeds, but I recall the descriptions mentioning something about using an antenna on the EMA building..?

I've had plans to put together a feed covering Fairfield County with an old scanner, but will need to do some testing now that they're on MARCS. Although that's buried in a list of a hundred other projects, so it's hard telling when I'll get to it.

You should be fine as long as you can hear the Lancaster tower well; that's the only one which every Fairfield County talkgroup will show up on pretty much all the time (although I'm not sure about PPD).

Status
Not open for further replies.