AMR Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Just saw over this past weekend AMR Buffalo crews running Sonim XP7 or 8's with lapel mics. Still had their HT1250's as well. I heard through the grapevine they were switching to FirstNet and some PTT app for company operations. Voice sounded decent. Does anyone have info on this? I haven't heard any traffic on their LTR Passport TG's on Saia's system tonight however, I heard AMR Dispatch the background while monitoring a local fire dispatch the other night. That was the same night I saw the Sonim phone/radio in use. By the looks of it, they were using ESChat

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Well from sounds of it they are using PTT over LTE. You will not be able to monitor it.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Well from sounds of it they are using PTT over LTE. You will not be able to monitor it.
Obviously, however, they have comms with other agencies on their LTR Passport TG's, so just trying to figure out if they were going to patch the TG's together or what

Para078

Premium Subscriber
They're going to a system called Logis. It has mapping and voiceless dispatch. I know of 6 systems around Dallas, Texas using it.

BTFire21

I did hear a fire control the other day say they had to call AMR because they dont use a radio anymore when trying to re route a car.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Does this mean that listening to ambulance service (ADI) in Buffalo will soon be going away?

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Does this mean that listening to ambulance service (ADI) in Buffalo will soon be going away?
I would say no, ADI is for Buffalo Ambulance Dispatch (and Inspections), operated by Erie County Emergency Services, not AMR, a private company. The TG's that went silent were the company ops channels. I could see, however, not sure if its the right thing to do, a console patch or still just issue crews a UHF radio so they have those channels. On occasion, rarely, but still happens, other companies like Twin City call up on ADI when they send a car when AMR has no units available for the city.

BTFire21

I have no direct knowledge of it but if I had to guess I dont think so. I think the LTE PTT system will replace the radios they had on the Saia LTR network and they will still need a UHF radio to talk to ADI and also to talk to the hospitals.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Its would be safe to say that all the AMR TG's on the LTR Passport system can be marked as deprecated. Still no activity on it from any AMR TG's while running SDRTrunk today, and they were probably the biggest users of that TRS

cfrostchief

I thought that I would give everyone a heads up that AMR Buffalo will not longer be using 2 way radio communication. They are now using a cell phone set-up. I'm not sure what set-up it is but I believe it is associated with AT&T. Sorry if I am a little scetchy but everything is new and we are learning the system. From what I understand this will be corporation wide.

Craig

kb4mdz

And what's the contingency plan in the next big 'event' and the cellphone system locks up from overuse/undercapacity?

Inquiring mind wants to know.

cfrostchief

Thats a good question. I am semi-retired and only work maybe once a week so I don't get a lot of inside info. 20 years were enough full time ! I really don't know at this point but I will have to inquire. I know that they are keeping 155.280mhz. but the 400 mhz system is turned off. When I find out more I will post it. AMR is doing this nation wide. Its a corporate thing. Sorry that I don't have more info.

Frosty KD2HQQ

ak716

Premium Subscriber
So, got to play with one of their Sonim phones. Its pretty nifty if I do say so.... There are a lot of patches to analog channels in the area including some fire controls and Buffalo ADI. Crews are still running around with the HT1250's as of last week for use on ADI and as a backup on the county channels. Obviously the main complaint I heard about it is the reception in certain buildings, but that's to be assumed due to it being cellular. Again, as the long time dispatcher frosty said (man, I miss having you as my dispatcher lol), its company wide. The main point he brought up about this in regards to it being company wide is deployment to outside area during a disaster response and still being able to use their communications equipment, just get a new TG pushed to them and boom, talking with whomever they need to. And its on FirstNet.

KC2CQD

Premium Subscriber
2 EMT friends of mine say that AMR has actually pulled their mobile radios out of many of their rigs and now carry only smartphone based PTT

Status
Not open for further replies.