DSDPlus Issue after DSD+ 2.228 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip

Premium Subscriber
Receive the following when starting DSDPlus...

DSD+ 2.228
Program role is single-receiver control/rest/traffic channel decoder
Auto-muting encrypted voice
2019.12.28 15:00:31 Adding NAC/RAN/DCC/RAS data to event log file entries
2019.12.28 15:00:31 Writing synthesized audio to per-call wav files
2019.12.28 15:00:31 Appending synthesized audio to file '1R-DSDPlus.wav'
2019.12.28 15:00:31 Current working directory is "C:\Users\Tom\Downloads\DSDPlusMain\Update"

2019.12.28 15:00:31 Assuming FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 is signal source; auto polarity detect is disabled

2019.12.28 15:00:31 audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Conexant 20585 SmartA'
2019.12.28 15:00:31 audio output device #2 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'

2019.12.28 15:00:31 audio output device #1 (Speakers (Conexant 20585 SmartA) initialized
2019.12.28 15:00:31 DSDPlus.networks file not found in working folder
2019.12.28 15:00:38 DSDPlus.sites file not found in working folder
2019.12.28 15:00:40 DSDPlus.frequencies file not found in working folder
2019.12.28 15:00:41 DSDPlus.siteLoader file not found in working folder
2019.12.28 15:00:43 Required data files not found in working folder

...and DSDPlus closes.

Thanks.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Sounds similar.
You need to create those 4 files.. Or find a copy and place in the working folder from an older instance if you have one..

TheButcher

Why if DSD+ cant find files, cant it just create on for you? Seems silly to me.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
DSD is recommended to be installed in a folder in the root directory, aka C:/ e.g. C:/DSDPlus

It looks like you are running the program from the Download directory for user Tom.

Did you copy the updated files to your original DSD installation?

tip

Premium Subscriber
DSD is recommended to be installed in a folder in the root directory, aka C:/ e.g. C:/DSDPlus

It looks like you are running the program from the Download directory for user Tom.

Did you copy the updated files to your original DSD installation?
Yes... same directory I move all the updates to. Also, whats with it trying to connect to localhost?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
How are FMP24 and DSD+ going to communicate if it doesn't establish a TCP connection to localhost?

slicerwizard

Why if DSD+ cant find files, cant it just create on for you? Seems silly to me.
Convince this guy that it's a good idea to just create a new/empty file if you have trouble accessing the current one (like if some other program is accessing the file): DSDPlus - missing file content

I guess the more pertinent question is what's so hard about copying files from the zipfile to the DSD+ folder when you get an update?

Let's see, the last update had:

DSDPlus.exe
FMP24.exe
FMPA.exe
FMPP.exe
LRRP.EXE
Notes.txt
sdrplay_api.dll

Why would I choose to not copy all of those files to my DSD+ folder? Am I that hard up for free disk space? Am I trying to sabotage my DSD+ setup?

Room4Me

I just loaded the 2.228 version. I'm unable to change the input settings from the TCIP input to the mic input. It is grayed out. I'm running a data connection from my scanner discriminator. I can run the prior fastlane update, but the new one is not allowing the input to be changed. I saved a copy of the old folder, then unzipped the new down load, moved the files to the orignal folder as directed.

The prior version works from the copied folder.

Is there a simple fix?

ziebarthj

I'm having a similar problem trying to get DSD+ fastlane to listen to a VAC instead of a TCP connection. slicerwizard keeps saying to use the menus, but I haven't the faintest clue what he's talking about...my DSDplus text window doesn't appear to have any menus. All I have is a batch file with a command line argument that used to launch DSD+ correctly.

I should note that, in my specific case, I tried passing the -i4 argument and the -i4M argument (on different attempts at launching dsdplus), and it always keeps trying to tune into some TCP connection.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm having a similar problem trying to get DSD+ fastlane to listen to a VAC instead of a TCP connection. slicerwizard keeps saying to use the menus, but I haven't the faintest clue what he's talking about...my DSDplus text window doesn't appear to have any menus. All I have is a batch file with a command line argument that used to launch DSD+ correctly.

I should note that, in my specific case, I tried passing the -i4 argument and the -i4M argument (on different attempts at launching dsdplus), and it always keeps trying to tune into some TCP connection.

If you are running the latest FastLane version, your DSDPlus Event Log window at the top definitely has a menu system. If you aren't running DSDPlus 2.228 then you need to exit this thread, create your own thread, and provide complete information about what you do have.

Mike

Attachments

• menu.png
    menu.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 86

ziebarthj

Well, that's nice to know. Not having seen anything in the documentation (that I could find, anyway) directing me to look at the event window, I would have never looked there for program controls. Everything in the public version of DSD+ seemed to be done with text commands in the main DSD+ window. Now my fastlane installation is listening to a VAC and working properly. Thank you very much for your help!

--edit--
And by "would have never looked there", I really mean "didn't ever look there" ;)

Last edited:

2EOJUX

Im having the same issue with the fastlane release. My input settings are greyed out. How can this be changed ?. thanks !

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.