ProScan, Using mobile phone hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9KOA1

OK, I have, as well as Netgear, tried to access the ISP equipment by typing in the 10.X IP. Nothing pops up, kind of similar to if there were no internet connection to a page you wish to find. The informative artice you posted suggests that I access the ONT.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I found this regarding the default IP address and login.

Also see if any labels with the IP address and login. The manual looks complicated to me and may be easy to mess something up. It may be easier to ask the ISP to take it out of VLAN and/or put it in bridge mode if they will do it.

ICP963

Feed Provider
I found this regarding the default IP address and login.

Also see if any labels with the IP address and login. The manual looks complicated to me and may be easy to mess something up. It may be easier to ask the ISP to take it out of VLAN and/or put it in bridge mode if they will do it.

I wonder if running the software from Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP would solve this issue?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not very smart with networking, if I run into a problem I use lots of googling until I get it running. I also may use incorrect terms, sorry.

It sounds like what I ran into with one of my remote sites I set up. Router/modem at one end of the basement to feed the cable TV and phone circuits. I pulled a long run of cat 5 into a router with better wifi coverage and where my thin client running ProScan & scanner are located.
I was going crazy with trying to get the feed to leave the house. Finally, I plugged into the first device in line, and edited that device to allow all the ports to be controlled by the second one .

My suggestion would be to unplug the network line that comes from outside. Plug that into the computer and try to access internet. If you can, I would guess there may be some settings in that outside device that can be changed. Try to edit the device settings with 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 (or 0.1). If you are successful, you can then try to have it allow all ports to be controlled by the second router.

On my thin client, I have a No-IP.com Dynamic DNS Update Client that checks the IP address every couple minutes and then updates the source address of my no-ip addresses assigned to my feeds.

chris

KC9KOA1

AIbEiAIAAABDCJWng-vLjL3KESILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGZjM2JmMTBhYzBkOWQyNDQwNGQ0NGQ2YjY1MjdjYzE2YmZlMzIwYzAwAZNGKa_jdomqymlHvOoTWUiVTtUp

Thomas Bingham
4:11 PM (0 minutes ago)

After speaking, again, with my ISP, they advised that they place a double NAT DHCP in place to save on IPs. This is why I needed a static IP address. It appears to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.