Ham Radio DMR IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to import the complete list of Ham Radio DMR user IDs into the SDS200/100? It would be nice to have their callsign show who is talking.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Click the green + button, and then you can copy/paste just like in Excel.

Annotation 2020-01-10 164431.png

Make a separate favorite list for the HAM system. There is a 1MB file size limit for favorite lists, and if you try to dowload the worldwide user list you probably won't have enough room. Minimize space requirements by only including the call sign in the Unit ID Name column.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
call signs are not used as dmr id's unless the user programs his ham call in their radio, otherwise its a numeric multi digit id number

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
call signs are not used as dmr id's unless the user programs his ham call in their radio, otherwise its a numeric multi digit id number
Call signs are never used as DMR ID, only radio IDs. You download the list that cross-matches between radio ID and callsign, and put that in Sentinel. It doesn't matter whether the other user programs their call sign into their radio or not.

Last edited:

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
A little clarification on the above replies. One does not program their call sign into a DMR radio. DMR radios will only accept digits in the radio ID field. Any call sign data received on DMR is a function of the receiving radio having been programed with a cross reference to the call sign, and programed into the receiver. There are several databases available to gather the IDs and the respective call sign.

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
Click the green + button, and then you can copy/paste just like in Excel.

Make a separate favorite list for the HAM system. There is a 1MB file size limit for favorite lists, and if you try to dowload the worldwide user list you probably won't have enough room. Minimize space requirements by only including the call sign in the Unit ID Name column.

I tried to load too big of a list and Sentinel locked up. After forcing a quit and programming no UnitIDs I can receive any DMR at all, where I was before. The Analyze function looks good. Any idea's what might have Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 5.07.39 PM.pnghappened?

Also I noticed that unless the ID Search is on the scanner shows the "Nothing to scan". Must ID Search be on for Ham DMR?

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
You will not bee able to load the complete list of Ham Radio DMR user IDs into a Favorite List. Its too large, each FL is maxed at 1gb. The most you can load is about 18,000

Hit_Factor

Its too large, each FL is maxed at 1gb. The most you can load is about 18,000

I think you meant 1 megabyte, not gigabyte.

I trimmed my list down to just Michigan and neighboring states/provinces. But that's just my preference, I dont care to listen to the almost constant radio checks with a new hotspot report. Local and regional is what i like to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.