SDS100/SDS200: Intermittent Sub CPU Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Another Update: I received the radio this morning. It was cold from the Northeast weather. The radio fired right up and loaded the Favorite Lists without issue. Previously, if the radio was cold, the lists would not load, and the radio would not receive. Now that the radio has been operating for a couple of hours, I've cycled the power and reprogrammed it a few times, all without issue. Time will tell.

Good to hear. I think S1 is a capacitor replacement and it was discussed here previously that this might be a result of a commercial radio transmitting too close?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Good to hear. I think S1 is a capacitor replacement and it was discussed here previously that this might be a result of a commercial radio transmitting too close?
You're confusing several unrelated things here.

1. C1 relates to a missing capacitor in early production runs of the 436, not a SDS100 thing.
  2. S1 is not a capacitor.
  3. Transmitting too close to the scanner with a high power transmitter will fry either a protection diode (part number starting with D) or the initial amplifier transistor (part number starting with Q), or both.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You're confusing several unrelated things here.

1. C1 relates to a missing capacitor in early production runs of the 436, not a SDS100 thing.
  2. S1 is not a capacitor.
  3. Transmitting too close to the scanner with a high power transmitter will fry either a protection diode (part number starting with D) or the initial amplifier transistor (part number starting with Q), or both.

That's why I responded I think.. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.