Location Control Conventional Enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
When scanning it's impossible to tell if a channel is being scanned with Location Control enabled because the display changes too fast. Is there some way when looking at the scanner to determine if a particular system/TG/channel will be scanned with Location Control enabled?

Hit_Factor

When scanning it's impossible to tell if a channel is being scanned with Location Control enabled because the display changes too fast. Is there some way when looking at the scanner to determine if a particular system/TG/channel will be scanned with Location Control enabled?
Put the system into a FL and give it a name you'll recognize as location based.

Can you describe your current setup? That might help with ideas.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If it was me, on a conventional system, I'd change the frequency to a known weather service channel. Then, write that to the scanner and begin monitoring. If it stops on the channel and receives weather stuff, you know all is well. Then you can change back to "real" frequency and re-write.

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
Put the system into a FL and give it a name you'll recognize as location based.

Can you describe your current setup? That might help with ideas.

What I have done is used the USA Database to add the US Forest Service to a favorites list named USFS. Then I enabled Location Control for that FL. The screen shots below show this.

Where I live (Orange County, CA) I would expect to hear Angeles and Clevland NF. However when scanning it's really hard to tell what is being scanned. It looks like Angeles NF is scanned but nothing else, not Clevland NF as I would expect.

So, what I'm looking for is a way to know if Clevland NF is within my geographical circle as determined by my scanner attached GPS.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.10.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.13.45 AM.png

Hit_Factor

Go into the menu for systems to scan and disable everything except your NFS list. Ensure you have the proper service types enabled.

Do you hear anything?

Do you have a GPS or are you using zipcode or auto locate?

u2brent

OAMPT

You might find the info in this thread insightful
You can see what's being scanned in range once you view what was saved to the FL you choose

Status
Not open for further replies.