BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Distortion dmr .. more updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I forgot to say, I am in Chile (I am Spanish but I live in Chile)
I figured something like that, your posts look like machine translations, or someone not a native English speaker. So Uniden repair is going to be very expensive just for the shipping. I looked into shipping a belt clip to Chile, and the cheapest option was almost $15 with no insurance--just a small padded envelope. Was that for you by chance?

jfmartin

Does your board have the pads for C1? They are just above the upper-right battery terminal looking at the main board from the back side.

The hardest part about soldering the capacitor in place (.01 microfarad) is holding it in position. An assistant with steady hands holding it in place while you solder the first joint is helpful. Even using paste solder, if you don't melt the solder on both ends of the capacitor at the same time, the surface tension of the melted solder can move it out of position.

I use the paste solder, and hold the capacitor in place with a dental pick in one hand, and the soldering iron in the other hand. Don't drink coffee first. The capacitors are cheap, get a 10 or 25-pack and practice soldering them on scrap circuit boards or metal pieces before trying on the scanner. It is difficult, but you can learn to do it, unless you have parkinson's disease or something like that.
I will try to find the C1 of the same ohms of some discarded component (telephone etc) if I do not try to buy .. but I am afraid to have a bad pulse and damage another nearby component hehe .. I will not drink coffee

jfmartin

If hehe I have tried to find the clip and external plastic screen (somewhat scratched) and on pages like "uniden" only send to the USA. And Canada ... I know a little bit of English, so I depend on the translator;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200120_220755.jpg
    IMG_20200120_220755.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 39

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I will try to find the C1 of the same ohms of some discarded component (telephone etc) if I do not try to buy .. but I am afraid to have a bad pulse and damage another nearby component hehe .. I will not drink coffee
Get them off eBay. They aren't always marked with their value, and the marking would be too small to read anyway. So getting a used one from an old phone or whatever would be troublesome to find the right value. But it could be good practice.

Use a grounded anti-static electricity mat on your work surface, and a magnifier with a light is very helpful too.

jfmartin

Get them off eBay. They aren't always marked with their value, and the marking would be too small to read anyway. So getting a used one from an old phone or whatever would be troublesome to find the right value. But it could be good practice.

Use a grounded anti-static electricity mat on your work surface, and a magnifier with a light is very helpful too.

Do you have an eBay link with the required capacitor? thanks

jfmartin

I was seeing the possibility at the moment shipping is more expensive than the component. the component counts as 3 dollars and the shipment 8 dollars Uffff

jfmartin

If that doesn't work for you, try searching ebay for ".01 C0805C103K".
If I test with other capacitors that are of different values or other recycled electrical appliances is there any risk? thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's like surgery. There's always some risk when you operate on a device. Accidental static discharge, breaking a solder pad loose, accidentally breaking something...

I would at least test a capacitor you try to verify it is somewhere near .01uF before installing.

jfmartin

It's like surgery. There's always some risk when you operate on a device. Accidental static discharge, breaking a solder pad loose, accidentally breaking something...

I would at least test a capacitor you try to verify it is somewhere near .01uF before installing.

Will it be valid? I bought it cheap, but it will take me at least a month to arrive

#Aliexpress CLP 655 18%OFF | Envío Gratis 0603 SMD condensador 0,01 UF 10nf 50 V 103 M 200 piezas

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.