Greenville EMS
Highlands EMS
Newburgh EMS
Port Jervis EMS

Please refer to this archived thread for more information on the system itself:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Unless something has very recently changed, no. No talkgroups for FD or EMS paging.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Having the Fire Paging talkgroup on Rockland's system is a very nice feature for scanning purposes. While the 12-site UHF simulcast paging is very robust, that doesn't do much good for PD/EMS who are interested in monitoring fire dispatches. Orange decided against having the VHF paging resources multi-cast over the trunked system. Frankly, given the fact that Orange's system has less voice channels per cell than Rockland, it was probably a wise decision.

sc800

Are they temporarily simulcasting over both the old and new systems.

Also have the local bases moved over, i.e. Cornwall EMS and Woodbury EMS or are they just talking to 911 for now?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are they temporarily simulcasting over both the old and new systems.

Also have the local bases moved over, i.e. Cornwall EMS and Woodbury EMS or are they just talking to 911 for now?
Temporarily simulcasting what? Be more specific. 911 Priority is console patched between the new system and the existing resources. That is the only link/patch/multi-cast/etc. that is active.

The majority of comms are between field units and 911 as far as EMS is concerned. Have you been monitoring the system? It's all pretty self-evident to anyone who has been listening.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about programming this system. The database shows 8 channels for North Simulcast. When I download the system into ARC536 PRO, it only imports the last four channels.
South Simulcast database shows 7 channels, but only downloads the last four.
Am I missing something? Should I program the system like that?

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I have a question about programming this system. The database shows 8 channels for North Simulcast. When I download the system into ARC536 PRO, it only imports the last four channels.
South Simulcast database shows 7 channels, but only downloads the last four.
Am I missing something? Should I program the system like that?

Thanks
You're fine as-is. You only need to program the frequencies that are control channel capable (highlighted in red and blue in the database), the traffic channels are automatically determined by the scanner.

rjbegin2

Premium Subscriber
Seems to be more and more checks from SP on Dispatch channel. Also quite a few mic clicks today on SP TAC. Hopefully a sign of progress.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Walden PD on the system today, along with testing on City of Middletown. This may be a dumb question, but why is Montgomery and Walden showing upon South Simulcast while the Goshens show up as North Simulcast?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This may be a dumb question, but why is Montgomery and Walden showing upon South Simulcast while the Goshens show up as North Simulcast?
Most talkgroups are going to be carried on both cells due to the overlapping coverage, with a few exceptions. I wouldn't expect Highlands/Highland Falls to be carried on the North cell all that often due to the geography, and same with a talkgroup like Mt Hope PD Tac showing up on the South cell.

There isn't going to be a clear delineation between what part of the county an agency operates in vs what cell their talkgroups will be active on. It's all about what cells the radios are registered on when they're affiliated with a particular talkgroup that determines all of that. So if a Walden radio happens to have a stronger signal from the South cell at any given moment, then their talkgroup is going to be carried on South.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Does Highland sound any better on the trunked system? I drove through Highland a few times and they sounded horrendous