op25 raspberry pi3 install help

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad2388

Feed Provider
im still having troubles getting a working setup going.

i have started fresh from my last install.

is there a guide to follow nowadays?

boatbod

It's pretty straight forward to install with lots of discussion covering there here in the SDR forum.

Code:
sudo apt-get install git
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/boatbod/op25
cd op25
./install.sh

After installation your next step is to go to the 'apps' directory and create yourself a trunk.tsv and op25.sh startup script. The trunk.tsv at a minimum only needs to contain the control channel frequency.
Code:
"Sysname"    "Control Channel List"    "Offset"    "NAC"    "Modulation"    "TGID Tags File"    "Whitelist"    "Blacklist"    "Center Frequency"
"P25 SYSTEM"    "876.54320"    "0"    "0"    "cqpsk"    ""    ""    ""    ""
Simply change the 876.54320 to the frequency you want to tune to.
[/code]

The default op25.sh script should be good except for the dongle's ppm correction (-q ) parameter.
Code:
./rx.py --nocrypt --args "rtl" --gains 'lna:36' -S 960000 -q 0 -d 0 -v 1 -2 -V -U -T trunk.tsv 2> stderr.2

Once you have the system installed and configured you start it by running ./op25.sh in a terminal window.
Hopefully the tsbk counter (terminal screen, top right) will be incrementing. If not, turn on the fft plot (press key '1') and see if there is a signal spike somewhere near the tuning line. If that looks good, change to mixer plot (press key '5') and see if the signal hump looks vaguely centered. Adjust fine tuning (using ',' '<' and '>' '.' keys) to get things working. Note the offset required (terminal screen, bottom left) and if greater than approx +/-350hz, adjust ppm on startup script by +/-1 and try again.

brad2388

Feed Provider
ok so i found a image i had with my earlier setup. i have it kinda running. but i have errors and no audio on broadcastify. although it shows online.

heres from the stderr.2

Attachments

• stderr.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 15

brad2388

Feed Provider
this is my op25.sh file

cd /home/pi/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps

./rx.py --nocrypt --args "rtl=0" --gains 'lna:36' -S 57600 -q 0 -0 -d 0 -v 1 -2 -T trunk.tsv -V -w -M meta.json 2> stderr.2

kanila

I see you have an invalid sample rate "Invalid sample rate: 57600 Hz"
This is my string for op25 on Rpi3:

./rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:14' -S 2400000 -O loop0 -f 857.2625e6 -o 0 -T trunk.tsv -V -2 -n -U 2>stderr-stream0.2

Even if i max-out the sample rate at 2560000, it still works well.

If you have setup darklice and it connects to broadcastify, i can send you my OP folder and you only need to put your own trunk files and black/white lists. Message me if you would like that.

brad2388

Feed Provider
that would prolly be good!
where do i change the sample rate?
i changed it on the op25.sh file and it didnt change after i rebooted.

brad2388

Feed Provider
after i rebooted i have sound audio on my speakers but no stream to broadcastify. somethings wierd here.

brad2388

Feed Provider
ok back to boatbods default startup here is my log with errors.

Attachments

• stderr.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 7

boatbod

Op25 appears to be working properly and tuning to voice channels. I suspect a streaming problem. Are you using liquidsoap or darkice?

brad2388

Feed Provider
ok one more time here.

heres my code a different one.
./rx.py --nocrypt --args "rtl=0" --gains 'lna:36' -S 2400000 -q 0 -d 0 -v 1 -2 -T trunk.tsv -V -w -M meta.json 2> stderr.2

and the log
this gives me audio from the speakers but no audio from broadcastify although it shows online there.

Attachments

• stderr.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 4

kanila

I think you have to add to the code "-O loop0" to set the audio autput to a loop0 file, and you have to setup a loop0, if you haven't done so already (i am using darkice).

If i am only using op25 on speakers, i use "-O plughw:0,1". If i want to stream audio into broadcastify i use "-O loop0".

Note that it takes about a minute and ten seconds for the stream to be broadcasted, so you have a lag there.

Last edited:

boatbod

Im not sure to be honest.

i think its liquidsoap.

i dont hear any audio out of the speakers either.
It's rather important to know what software you are running as the configuration needs to be significantly different.
Looking at your startup script I'd assume it's liquidsoap since you say you can hear audio without a -U on the rx.py command line. Would you mind posting your liquidsoap op25.liq script (without stream password) so that I can check that.
Lastly, how are you starting liquidsoap?

brad2388

Feed Provider
ok here is my op25.liq file located in the op25/gr-op25_repeater folder.
i cant remember to be honest. i sorta followed a couple of writeups but its using scripts to start when it starts up the PI.

wgbecks

Looking at the logfile (stderr.2) in Post # 11 it seems that you don't have any sync with the system from the frequent control channel timeout messages. Your sample rate value may be a factor, depending upon the SDR used and the host Linux system. It would be helpful if you would post all of your current config files and advise what P25 system it is that you desire to monitor.

brad2388

Feed Provider
ok here are the files. i believe i have them all.
ive renamed them to what they was then changed them to a txt file to upload them. hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

thanks!!

Attachments

• audio.txt
    2 KB · Views: 3
  • cfgjson.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
  • icemetapy.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 4
  • metajson.txt
    141 bytes · Views: 7
  • op25-liqservice.txt
    333 bytes · Views: 7
  • op25-rxservice.txt
    334 bytes · Views: 4
  • randolphtsv.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 5
  • randolphwlist.txt
    127 bytes · Views: 5
  • rxpy.txt
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
  • stderr2.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 3

wgbecks

I have to leave for several hours but will look at these later this afternoon. So far I see quotes in your tag file that shouldn't be there and the password and mountpoint are blank in your meta.json. I would expect you to blank them out before posting, so maybe that is the case.

Will wat to look at your system in RR then examine the trunk.tsv file.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.