Ambulance to Hospital frequencies, Capital District

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
Curious what VHF simplex freqs (155.400, 155.340, and 155.280) are assigned to which hospitals these days? I seem to remember something like 155.400 was used by hospitals on the east side of the Hudson (St Mary's, Samaritin, etc), and 155.340 for Albany and Schenectady counties. Maybe I have that wrong but curious how that is used today with all the hospital changes over the years. thanks, de KB2HPW

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
from an old list

Albany Medical Center
Albany Memorial
Albany VA
Amsterdam
St. Peter's

Ellis
St. Marys Troy
Samaritan
Saratoga
Glens Falls

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The name escapes me, but there is an app most agencies are using now.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
You guys are obviously not from the area, ambulances are indeed calling in on those frequencies

Just heard Glens Falls Hospital, Saratoga Hospital, Ellis Hospital, St. Peters Hospital, Samaritan Hospital and various rescue squads throughout the capital region

kmontano

from an old list

Albany Medical Center
Albany Memorial
Albany VA
Amsterdam
St. Peter's

Ellis
St. Marys Troy
Samaritan
Saratoga
Glens Falls

I’m pretty sure this is all still accurate (except St Mary’s no longer operates an emergency department so they’re off the list now). I know for sure that Samaritan, Ellis and Saratoga use 155.400. I’ll try to confirm the frequency for the Albany hospitals next time I’m in the area.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Most ambulance to hospital is done on the TLMR system or cell phone now. Very rarely do you hear much on 340 or 400.
What trunked system would that be? None of the systems in the Capital District area have any ambulance to hospital talkgroups identified...not a single one. :unsure:

N2YQT

Ambulance Driver
Premium Subscriber
The name escapes me, but there is an app most agencies are using now.

That might be regional to your area. It would be awesome if it was more widespread, from what I have read about it. We haven't talked about it all in medic school, and have just been doing radio reports. Even the ePCR's we use have an option to send a worksheet to the hospital via fax or email.

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
I’m pretty sure this is all still accurate (except St Mary’s no longer operates an emergency department so they’re off the list now). I know for sure that Samaritan, Ellis and Saratoga use 155.400. I’ll try to confirm the frequency for the Albany hospitals next time I’m in the area.
Good reminder about St Mary's in Troy. So many administrative changes to all these hospitals in recent years. Yes those 2 frequencies (155.340, 155.400) are active 24/7 in the Capital District with no exaggeration. Car accidents, drug OD's, school sports injuries, etc. I haven't heard anything local on 155.280 in years. 155.235 Lifenet/Mohawk Ambulance, 160.200 (Empire?) always active, very educational too!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Good reminder about St Mary's in Troy. So many administrative changes to all these hospitals in recent years. Yes those 2 frequencies (155.340, 155.400) are active 24/7 in the Capital District with no exaggeration. Car accidents, drug OD's, school sports injuries, etc. I haven't heard anything local on 155.280 in years. 155.235 Lifenet/Mohawk Ambulance, 160.200 (Empire?) always active, very educational too!

It can be absolutely nutzo, I dont regularly monitor but with my elevation and antenna above the tree line with some decent lmr400 its not uncommon to hear multiple agencies ontop of each other to different hospitals at the same time there only a few miles away so they're individually heard. I can reach into vermont and mass too, so includes SVMC vermont. Mohawk dispatch from grafton, crawford hill, heldeburg on 154.055, 151.205, 155.235, I believe last time I heard they're linked. Empire 160.20 from Bald Mtn, theres also a listing on them for 155.205

Last edited:

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
The Albany hospitals are all on 340, each having a unique DTMF encode.
Ellis, Samaritan, Saratoga, and Glens Falls are all on 400, again each having a unique DTMF encode.

kmontano

The Albany hospitals are all on 340, each having a unique DTMF encode.
Ellis, Samaritan, Saratoga, and Glens Falls are all on 400, again each having a unique DTMF encode.
That makes sense. I always noticed that when a unit inbound to the facility keyed up there was the tones before they started speaking to the hospital. Now I know what they are.

kb2hpw

Premium Subscriber
It can be absolutely nutzo, I dont regularly monitor but with my elevation and antenna above the tree line with some decent lmr400 its not uncommon to hear multiple agencies ontop of each other to different hospitals at the same time there only a few miles away so they're individually heard. I can reach into vermont and mass too, so includes SVMC vermont. Mohawk dispatch from grafton, crawford hill, heldeburg on 154.055, 151.205, 155.235, I believe last time I heard they're linked. Empire 160.20 from Bald Mtn, theres also a listing on them for 155.205
So busy those freqs are, that I tend to keep them out of the scan rotation. I'm up on a good perch here in Brunswick and hear Bennington/S Vermont well and some Mass too. FWIW - my analog scanners are still the most active radios I have. This area still has a lot of analog activity and if you know where to look you can always stay informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.