Trying to program a base scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a Radioshack base scanner for work (can't remember the exact model, of the top of my head, possibly a pro-197 and a PSR-600) and I am looking to update it since it has not been updated in several years.

I have a few questions since I am not very familiar with the Radioshack/GRE Scanners.

Since it is not my personal radio, I am curious if there is a software that someone has written to program these radios that doesn't require me to purchase a software, if not, I will have to try to convince my company to purchase the BuTel package.

Also, what kind of cable will I need? I also run all of my programming software off of my Macbook Pro running Windows 10 through Parallels, so if anyone else does this, have you had any issues getting this configuration to work with the software or scanners?

Thank you!

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Which cable you use with psredit500? I try this software and nothing do do. Doesn't work for me on Win10.

For $3 more you can get the OEM cable:

(Yes, it says WS1040 and WS1065, but those are the latest incarnations of the same scanners.)

As far as software goes, I don't have any experience with the other two but ARC500 works great on Windows 10. Not sure about Parallels though; that's probably going to depend on driver/USB support.

Bugspro

For $3 more you can get the OEM cable:

(Yes, it says WS1040 and WS1065, but those are the latest incarnations of the same scanners.)

As far as software goes, I don't have any experience with the other two but ARC500 works great on Windows 10. Not sure about Parallels though; that's probably going to depend on driver/USB support.
Ok cool thanks for info and does i need to install driver? I think i will order this cable and wait for it... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.