• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 in Trunking Free Scan mode User defined scanning Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Cool stuff. Can't wait. Thanks for the video.

Can it have more than two systems in a scan list?
Is the system scan sampling time adjustable to a shorter time frame?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Sorry on poor quality, Unication gave me OK today so I did it fast.
Yes more than 2.So far what it does is save your found TG as you hear them into list.
Example
EPD TG on local sys
ISp tg on State system
Henderson Fire Tg on Henderson,Ky System.
Another way to say it it saves TG and site.
I found out during searching for TG I had saved same TG ID but was on 2 dif SITES so saves TG and site it was on.
After hearing above traffic I hit save ,it saves TG into list above being 3 dif list that scan be scanned.
For now in alpha that 10 sec can adjust HIGHER and next firm LOWER.I assure you told them 10 sec per way to long.

Cool stuff. Can't wait. Thanks for the video.

Can it have more than two systems in a scan list?
Is the system scan sampling time adjustable to a shorter time frame?

mharris

Premium Subscriber
Sorry on poor quality, Unication gave me OK today so I did it fast.
Yes more than 2.So far what it does is save your found TG as you hear them into list.
Example
EPD TG on local sys
ISp tg on State system
Henderson Fire Tg on Henderson,Ky System.
Another way to say it it saves TG and site.
I found out during searching for TG I had saved same TG ID but was on 2 dif SITES so saves TG and site it was on.
After hearing above traffic I hit save ,it saves TG into list above being 3 dif list that scan be scanned.
For now in alpha that 10 sec can adjust HIGHER and next firm LOWER.I assure you told them 10 sec per way to long.
Thanks, Jeff. We all appreciate your efforts with Unication to make this firmware great. Any timeline on a beta release?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Have you determined whether there is any negative impact on performance by combining multiple systems into one knob?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
No impact scanning between SITES ,other than 10 sec DEFAULT HOLD time that will be changed.
I want to stress any features mentioned are what I am testing now, we all know things can change in final versions.

Have you determined whether there is any negative impact on performance by combining multiple systems into one knob?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I am going to say this to all ,in early and i mean early ALPHA, if I dont answer your question dont feel i am ignoring you I just dont know.
Example TG hold on conv I am not sure I am only have g4 and so far only used HOLD while scanning trunked systems.

Will HOLD work with conventional analog channels ?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update!

Stupid question... Is the G4's side button on opposite side than the G5's? I really couldn't really tell what button you were pressing, but it didn't look like it was the buttons on the left side.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
New Alpha 2 firmware released today,One thing we now can change delay between systems(sites) from 1-600 sec.Also they added SITE HOLD.

Check out short video with that feature ALPHA 2

This not official release still in Alpha stage.This video just shows my G4 scanning between 2 800 Systems.
Plus TG HOLD
Trunking Free Scan user defined

mitbr

New Alpha 2 firmware released today,One thing we now can change delay between systems(sites) from 1-600 sec.Also they added SITE HOLD.

Check out short video with that feature ALPHA 2
Thanks for your contributions to the community Jeff and for keeping us updated!!
Is is it just me that gets all sweaty with excitement at these Unication updates lol.
Tim :cool:

mdsxfire

EDBM
This is awesome, I was curious to see how short the system scan delay could be made and how fast the unit would lock back into the control channels for each system, looks flawless, definitely a game changer for this pager breaking into the full scanner game, can’t wait for the release into the wild

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Scanning between MULTI Knob positions
UPDATE: It appears we can scan upto 64 TG in a knob position so when I say a total of 64 that seems wrong appears 64 per knob positions..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.