Can't Read BCD996P2 w/Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9AJM

Feed Provider
Just got the above scanner for Rich. Trying to setup up the programming and having issues. Installed USB driver that seemed to work OK and it shows up in device mgr. Got Butel Basic software package installed w/o an problems. Butel is V 2.1 Build 5, Full Version

When trying to read the radio, I get the error message: "Port Not Available or in use". ( Com 4 ) I tried switching the driver to other ports 1, 2, 5, 6 and no joy. My com 3 is set for the driver for my TS-990. This is a Win 10 I5 machine with nothing else on USB except mouse and keyboard.

Port set for 9600 8N1 No Flow control

The scanner is plugged in the front port and the 990 is on the back side .. but cable pulled out so nothing in radio gets screwed up.

What is a path forward as I won't live long enough to program a trunking system and lots of TGs by hand. LOL

Andy K9ATX

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
9600 will take weeks to read/write. Set it to 115200 or the fastest setting the scanner supports.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Under the Scanner tab, go to Communication Setup. Click on AutoDetect Scanner. It will tell you if scanner is detected. Close the window and Download from Scanner again.

Last edited:

W9AJM

Feed Provider
Thanks guys, got it going. Changed port speed to 115000 and then went into the Comm Setup tab and got the comm ports set, etc. Seems to be working now. Thanks alot Being old, I sure miss real printed manuals that would explain this stuff that can be read in various places round the house. Hate reading manuals on-line....but that's me.

Andy K9ATX

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, got it going. Changed port speed to 115000 and then went into the Comm Setup tab and got the comm ports set, etc. Seems to be working now. Thanks alot Being old, I sure miss real printed manuals that would explain this stuff that can be read in various places round the house. Hate reading manuals on-line....but that's me.

Andy K9ATX
You can download the manual for your 996P2 here:

You can either print it, or read it via the Adobe Acrobat reader.
I prefer to read it via Adobe. That way, I can use the search function to find what I'm looking for.

Of course, you can also use Search (<CTRL>+<F> on the Easier to Read Manual page.

W9AJM

Feed Provider
I was referring to the Butel manual. I downloaded it now and will get it printed up. Miss the days when you got printed manuals with software. Tnx again for the help. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.