SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 National Back Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

I received a marketing email from Main Trading Company (www.mtcradio.com) in Paris, TX last evening (03-20-2020) and it had the SDS100 specifically listed in the email along with the following notation: "Will be on National Back Order Soon."

I was also on the Factory Outlet Store website and they have the SDS100 listed as "National Backorder Early May Delivery": Uniden Bearcat SDS100

If two different Uniden dealers are mentioning a National Backorder on the SDS100 I figured there must be some validity to it and thought I would pass along the information FWIW.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
What

What the hell does this have to do with MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN?Now I know where you stand bud!

It's in reference to all the posts I deleted. If you have a problem with that feel free to complain via the proper channels.

Oh yeah, I stand right beside my wife...just like I have for 37 years. ;)

Last edited:

trp2525

Apparently the availability of brand-new SDS100 scanners is dwindling further as evidenced by the online postings from the following dealers:

webtron-x.com is showing the SDS100 as being out-of-stock: Uniden SDS100 True I/Q Handheld Digital Police Scanner

FactoryOutletStore.com is showing the SDS100 as being out-of-stock with a "National Backorder Early May Delivery": Uniden Bearcat SDS100

Ham Radio Outlet is showing NO stock of the SDS100 at 10 of their 13 retail stores: You are being redirected...

GigaParts.com is showing no SDS100 in stock and "Reserve yours now! Ships In 7-14 Days": Uniden SDS100 Scanner

At the time I am posting this, there is currently only one seller on eBay offering a brand-new SDS100 for sale and that seller is Command Communications from Spring, Texas. The thing is they were selling the SDS100 for the regular/usual price of $649.99 in February 2020 and March 2020 (click on "45 sold" in their eBay listing) but are now selling their 5 available SDS100 scanners for $999.99 each: OEM DEALER - UNIDEN SDS100 w/HD BATTERY DIGITAL POLICE SCANNER APCO P25 DMR NXDN 50633650806 | eBay

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm an eternal optimist. Q1 turned bad very quickly. Q2 is arguably going to be worse. Hopefully things will turn around by Q3. At least that's the prediction of someone I know in the maritime shipping industry. That's what his analysts tell him, but it's all up in the air as of today.

If that soon...

sfb88

Trying for a little, very little, levity here. When I started reading garys' post, based on other posts about problem scanners, I saw Q1 and Q2 and thought the post was about another defective scanner.

ewt

I just bought a SDS100 from Main Trading Company on March 23. They had a store demo for $579.00 and only had one. I bought it and was surprised when it arrived. It had never been out of the box. I just looked on there webb sight and they still have a store demo for $579.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.