• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Out of range...Derangement Syndrome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortue

Hey gang,
I'm about seven hours into trying to figure out why my G5 quit locking onto a/the control channel for the Washington State Patrol 700mhz system.
OUT OF RANGE
It's been going on for a month or so.
I've exhausted my research into RR info/notes/updates/forum entries.
I've reprogrammed the sites and Unit ID's from scratch two times.
I've fiddled with the settings and re-programmed the G5 dozens of times.
My eyes are now crossed and my brain has gone monosyllabic.
Any suggestions?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Did it used to work and now it doesn't? Or has it never worked?

Tortue

Did it used to work and now it doesn't? Or has it never worked?
Used to work like a charm.
Apparently, (according to RR Washington), there was a system re-assignment in February. Nada since then.
I see where others are able to hear the system. I can hear it fine on my Uniden 436, and I didn't have to update or change any other settings.
??

Tortue

I'm not having issues with King County Transit or the JWIN system, other than the JWIN system is usually quiet in and around Seattle proper.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Try setting the RFSS and site number to FF and see if that helps.

Tortue

Think I found my answer...

Just read this in the OCIO report of 3/12/20...

"While cutover to the Quincy SDC occurred, the project team, in coordination with the FBI and Motorola, are working together to resolve the critical areas that render the NICE and trunked radio systems non-functional. The trunking system is currently not reliable, available, or have the capacity necessary to conduct day-to-day trooper operations. The project is practicing strong vendor management to ensure compliance with the contract and ultimate acceptance and system upgrade sign off. Once technical issues are remediated and the radio upgrade is functional, the project will need to work closely with troopers in the field to ensure understanding and acceptance of the system. The project initiated a change request to re-baseline the schedule and budget. Once rebaselined the investment plan will be amended and submitted to the OCIO. Project scope is stable; however, the project schedule is extended and budget continency is exhausted. Overall the project is assessed red. (A Pearson)"

Read $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tortue

Thanks for the FF suggestion.
Tried that as well.
Hopefully the WSP will have a stable and robust system soon.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If your 436 is picking it up then you probably have an issue with control channel, RFSS number or site number.
Remember there are differences in Hex and Decimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.