COVID-19 Security Measures/Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Governor Beshear announced today at the 5:00 PM press conference that we will see increased Law Enforcement presence at hospitals in Kentucky, even in some cases National Guard men posted. What frequencies do you think they will be on, Hosptial Security Radios? Local Law/ VTAC?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd say the National Guard will probably use their frequencies, which are listed in the RR database. Probably some KY Emergency Management frequencies too. Local folks will probably use the channels they presently do, perhaps event channels if they have those set aside.

My take on the news conference was that whether the guard or other agencies get involved will largely depend on if hospitals get overwhelmed with a huge influx of patients.

A number of years ago when there was another pandemic going on, there was a plan in place where local fire department EMTs might be working with hospitals if there was a surge, but that never happened.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Heard some traffic on DMARCS this morning, they called an operations center (not the EOC). They were testing out new radios according to them and the traffic they transmitted.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
DMARCS is Ohio stuff.
As of today the first drive through testing area has open in Louisville it sounds like they are using Event talk groups on metro safe for the operations

That sounds right - These talk groups are available for managing large scale events such as Derby and Thunder over Louisville. Use of the event talk groups shall be planned in advance and assigned by MetroSafe. MetroSafe will determine if the event will require a dispatcher to monitor and/or track the activities of the event.

MetroSafe has a cache of radios that can be issued for use by agencies that are not ordinarily on the MetroSafe System.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You are correct. I had wrote it was Ohio, but then remembered KY called theirs something similar. Thought I caught it in time to not be posted.

Hopefully this is a lot more robust than it was back in my state fire marshal days. We had to pretty much know where all the sites were and then when we moved from one coverage area to another, we had to call in to the Frankfort EOC and let them know. That was for both mobile radio users and those with tone and voice pagers (goes to show how far back that went). I don't know how their duty officers kept up with all that, but they were very good at it.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Another good channel to listen to is AMR dispatch in Louisville it’s a DMR conventional channel and does private transports for the county heard a few COVID-19 related calls on it

Status
Not open for further replies.