Any idea on which channels have NYC related COVID-19 traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
I have heard radio testing on the NYMAC channels 1 & 3, have also heard radio testing along with a little bit of chatter on UTAC43 on NIFOG UHF. But has anyone else picked anything up?

ten13

Premium Subscriber
What do you expect to hear?

Obviously, there's no constant talking about the virus on any public safety radio system, because there's no need to. Ambulance dispatching is the same as it always is, and there's no "mobilizations" by the police for it.

Frankly, the numbers reported as compared to the "regular" flu are lower. The problem is, unlike the regular flu, there's no way of stopping this one. There's no vaccine or other treatment. And it's easily contagious.

Curiously, the same nonsense is going on in NYC as always, that is, the same shootings, assaults, shots fired, an occassional fire, etc, and in the same neighborhoods.

As far as public safety is concerned, it's business as usual, minus an adequate manpower. And even addressing that will be done administratively.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber

EUYW3ZBXYAk5zAv

EUR8CWVXQAAlryd

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Unit numbers are three digits with a letter. So far only hearing 810__, 820__, 830__, 840__, 850__. If these are MARS numbers, then I am missing some. The calls all seem to be central Brooklyn and central Queens.

I heard some Bronx ones last night but yeah, for example 810 Alpha is one of the many I heard.

Here's some photos from the staging location today (posted to FDNY's social media)

EUc35TOWoAEcNiG

EUc32YXXsAIRWVO

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I heard some Bronx ones last night but yeah, for example 810 Alpha is one of the many I heard.

Here's some photos from the staging location today (posted to FDNY's social media)

EUc35TOWoAEcNiG

EUc32YXXsAIRWVO

Happy faces of some getting APX8000Rs. I will say that amidst the chaos, mutual aid units have done a good job operating on the FDNY system, for the most part.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
The EMS Notification channel is very active amidst the COVID chaos. You can hear many of the mutual aid units on that talkgroup.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
So what channel(s) are all of these units operating on? And what is there unit numbering?

EMS Citywide 2. As mentioned further up you will hear them identifying with a three digit number and a letter/phonetic name (for example 810 Larry)
As mentioned above you can hear them on hospital notification as well.

n2nov

I received a note that indicates how these mutual aid ambulances are identified on EMS CW2 (482.21875/162.2 PL):

Only some of the FEMA Mutual Aid Units (most are doing interfacility transfers and dispatched by AMR from Javits)
810A-Q = Bronx South
820A-Q = Queens West
830A-Q = Queens East
840A-Q = Bklyn Central
850A-Q = Bronx North
860A-Q = Man North
870A-Q = Bronx South
880A-Q = Bklyn North
890A-Q = Queens Central

Status
Not open for further replies.