Lifestar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Lifestar was given a channel to talk to Charlotte Hungerford security of VHF ch 129. What is the actual freq? I can't seem to find it.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Great N1GTL so what is the chance we can have those frequencies listed in the CT database?

BTW The ULS search does not tell me which of the 8 frequencies allocated is the bird's ch 129, the essence of my question.

Last edited:

N1GTL

Database Admin
It can be added to the database when someone CONFIRMS it is what is in use, has the PL/DPL and submits it through normal channels. We don't just dump frequencies from the FCC site without members confirming. You can always listen to those channels for a period of time and, when you know what is what, submit them.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is the position of that channel in the aircraft's Wulfsberg radio. The band used to be "System 1", "System 2", and "System 3" now it is simply called Lowband, UHF, VHF.
The codeplug info is private so unlikely it would be made public.

chris

lmn1tjd131

Feed Provider
I recently had a conversation with a Lifestar Dispatcher. I was told that Lifestar is urging everyone to use National Interoperability channels for communications with the helicopter.
VTAC, UTAC & 8TAC channels. He mentioned the NIFOG (National Interoperability Field Operations Guide) document.
Specifically VTAC14 (159.4725), UTAC43D (453.8625) & 8TAC94D (853.0125).

Here is a link that he sent me.

NIFOG link

ecps92

Here is the latest NIFOG Ver 1.6.1
I recently had a conversation with a Lifestar Dispatcher. I was told that Lifestar is urging everyone to use National Interoperability channels for communications with the helicopter.
VTAC, UTAC & 8TAC channels. He mentioned the NIFOG (National Interoperability Field Operations Guide) document.
Specifically VTAC14 (159.4725), UTAC43D (453.8625) & 8TAC94D (853.0125).

Here is a link that he sent me.

NIFOG link

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is also an app for your phone for the NIFOG.
With all the various digital formats, changing to trunking and the increase of programming the Interop frequencies into more radios, it makes sense to use common analog, simplex channels for setting up landing zones.

chris

ecps92

NH and VT Helo's have done that for years, using VMED29
There is also an app for your phone for the NIFOG.
With all the various digital formats, changing to trunking and the increase of programming the Interop frequencies into more radios, it makes sense to use common analog, simplex channels for setting up landing zones.

chris

snowscout

What's the frequency for L&M in New London? I think I'm missing something here. Is Life Star going to the interoperability system called out by another poster above?

brndnstffrd

The freqs in Doc's post are Lifestar's dispatch frequencies. The frequencies mentioned in post #7 would be scene channels for coordination to talk with ground units on their approach and departure. Lifestar still has access to many different department's freqs, but with a number of departments moving to the state system or their own trunking systems system, it is a lot easier to have predetermined inter-op freqs to switch to, and it makes sense to use channels that are nationwide standards. For years they have used the Intercity channels for this instead of punching in frequencies when they dont have them in the radio, however the Intercity channels are CT specific channels. It makes sense to use them here since most departments have the Intercity channels in their radios, but it never hurts to have an additional fallback option.

I am not connected to this project so it is just speculation, but I expect this will be a gradual changeover, and not an all-encompassing one. I suspect much will continue the way it currently is, and this will be a way to cut back on the button pushing and allow the crews to focus on more important things on their missions, not to mention help out with the constant programming changes and paper trails required to talk to so many different organizations in multiple different states on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.