Someone Piggybacking Off Of MH Fire Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc2142

Feed Provider
Was just listening to the fire feed in Mountain Home. They were on a call for a gas leak, in the attached recording, you hear an MHFD engine return to quarters, after that you hear someone else request a status check. Anyone have information on this? The monitored freq's on this scanner are Fire Primary: 154.14500 and Fire Secondary: 154.43000. Had to put the audio file in a zip for some reason.

Attachments

• possible freq piggy backing.zip
    405.5 KB · Views: 12

sc2142

Feed Provider
Turns out there was another channel on the scanner, no clue how it got on there. Its programed in as 155.9600 however, when searching it HERE nothing comes up with that exact freq. It seems to be some sort of LE channel as they are running plates and whatnot on it. Does anyone have any idea where its coming from? I'm broadcasting MH Fire in Mountain Home on a Pro-405 or Pro-650, its got the stock antenna on it also. Where could i be picking this signal up from? Does anyone know who the freq belongs to?

a417

U+0000
broaden your search scope. You may be getting adjacent frequency transmissionsidaho.png

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Possibly one of these...

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
You were picking up Boise County traffic on their 155.96250 frequency from the Idaho City area. I recognize the dispatchers voice from the BCSO channels

sc2142

Feed Provider
You were picking up Boise County traffic on their 155.96250 frequency from the Idaho City area. I recognize the dispatchers voice from the BCSO channels
Honestly didnt think i could pick them up. The scanner has the stock antenna so i thought it was going to be some frequency that was close by. Im Thanks for the info!

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Honestly didnt think i could pick them up. The scanner has the stock antenna so i thought it was going to be some frequency that was close by. Im Thanks for the info!

You would be amazed at what you can pick up if your antenna happens to be pointed just right. I can sometimes get ISPs repeaters from up in Cascade and Banks(Packer John mtn) down here in Nampa, but only when i have my antenna pointed in a certain position

Status
Not open for further replies.