TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

firemedicmcse

Google has sent me messages stating that they will be disabling less secure app access for GSuite email accounts, which my paging email account is. Is there any work around for this?

JH49

Google has sent me messages stating that they will be disabling less secure app access for GSuite email accounts, which my paging email account is. Is there any work around for this?

I'm using an app password. I would recommend going this route.

Ncfirewire

Premium Subscriber
i have been using version 65 for quite some time but lately i will not send out any emails or test mails nothing has changed on my end or my email or passwords so today i download the newest version and i get the same error any ideas??

SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 Check Gmail through other email platforms - Gmail Help l10sm5314527qke.93 - gsmtp')
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for test

DC31

Feed Provider
Gmail isn’t allowing ttd to log in. Log in to your gmail account manually using a web browser and see what messages it gives you. The problem isn’t with ttd.

celltech25

v71c works fine for about a week then it just quits sending msgs out until i shut it off and back on

My error is shows IO Error could not find a suitable TLS CA Certificate Bundle.

I can simply shut v71c down wait a few seconds load v71c and the next call that drops will go out fine

Last edited:

ckwire

Running TTD v71c on W10, have ran it for about 3 weeks not issues. Then we started getting "The remaining parts were removed as it exceeded the limit size of MMS". If we restart TTD it will work for a few hours and then start doing this again. I had found a previous reference from like 2014 about raising the threshold, with no change to this issue.

DC31

Feed Provider
A couple things:

1. Try sending .amr attachments rather than .mp3. Their file size is much smaller.

2. Do the attachments that you are receiving have lots of dead air after the dispatcher finishes? If so, you likely need to set your audio threshold up so ttd doesn't record the dead air.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Running TTD v71c on W10, have ran it for about 3 weeks not issues. Then we started getting "The remaining parts were removed as it exceeded the limit size of MMS". If we restart TTD it will work for a few hours and then start doing this again. I had found a previous reference from like 2014 about raising the threshold, with no change to this issue.

Also confirm that you're actually sending .mp3 or .amr files and not accidentally sending .wav files. If you're sending .wav, that means ffmpeg isn't installed correctly.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v71c works fine for about a week then it just quits sending msgs out until i shut it off and back on

My error is shows IO Error could not find a suitable TLS CA Certificate Bundle.

I can simply shut v71c down wait a few seconds load v71c and the next call that drops will go out fine

That has to do with a security certificate expiring after a week. Restarting refreshes the certificate and allows you to connect to your email server again. One of the many reasons I recommend a nightly automatic restart of the whole computer (not just TTD) when running Windows.

Andy

davidVT

Feed Provider
cellphones not getting messages.....
Both my Old v67 production box and my test v71c are sending email MP3 to email destinations and email amr to the cell phones. I can pull up the gmail send folders and see they were sent.
The MP3 emails are getting to folks, the cell phone text amr messages are going into a black hole for some time now.
v67 cellphone destinations uses BCC but v71c does not.
Both boxes have been working fine for a long time...
Most of the department on ATT

I just used Gmail on my iPad to send to my cell phone MMR email address as TTD does. Using BCC or normal addressing the AMR files reached my phone as texts promptly.

Any ideas?
Thank you

Last edited:

davidVT

Feed Provider
I eventually replaced my tone config files and both systems are working again. Not sure why...

cellphones not getting messages.....
Both my Old v67 production box and my test v71c are sending email MP3 to email destinations and email amr to the cell phones. I can pull up the gmail send folders and see they were sent.
The MP3 emails are getting to folks, the cell phone text amr messages are going into a black hole for some time now.
v67 cellphone destinations uses BCC but v71c does not.
Both boxes have been working fine for a long time...
Most of the department on ATT

I just used Gmail on my iPad to send to my cell phone MMR email address as TTD does. Using BCC or normal addressing the AMR files reached my phone as texts promptly.

Any ideas?
Thank you

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I eventually replaced my tone config files and both systems are working again. Not sure why...
Did you do any cleanup up of recipients when creating the new files? Sometimes if someone changes a carrier and their messages keep bouncing back the entire message can get marked as spam.

Andy

celltech25

Anyone having issues with 71c not detecting tones and sending emails?
Yea have the issue where if i dont restart it every 2-3 days it refuses to work, wish the developer would fix the issue where you could leave the app running defeats the purpose of having it a remote site etc and not knowing when you need to restart the app so i got to where i just restart it every other day

sc2142

Feed Provider
Yea have the issue where if i dont restart it every 2-3 days it refuses to work, wish the developer would fix the issue where you could leave the app running defeats the purpose of having it a remote site etc and not knowing when you need to restart the app so i got to where i just restart it every other day
Yeah, I just reverted back to v67.

sc2142

Feed Provider
Im running two scanners on the same system with two TwoToneDetect's. If one scanner is set as the default device then the tones on the other scanner are quiet and you cannot hear them. Is there anyway to fix this?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Are you running in headless mode? Definitely recommend that, especially for a remote site. The issues with the browser-based GUI causing problems will be addressed in a future release. In the meantime, running in headless mode is the workaround.

Andy

bunangst

Has anyone gotten TTD to run on a regular Linux machine (preferably Ubuntu)?
I've tried in the past but was never successful.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Anyone know why I'm getting this issue? Running TwoToneDetect71d on a Raspberry Pi 4.

I compiled FFMPEG myself using instructions here, which include AMR support: https://gist.github.com/jjangsangy/058456fe2d04e3c5f6107d62b60542e3 (done as I am also running trunk-recorder on the same Raspberry Pi)

Code:
Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.0 : mono
Input #0, wav, from './audio/Station_8_2020_05_04_09_44_20.wav':
  Duration: 00:00:50.99, bitrate: 176 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 11025 Hz, mono, s16, 176 kb/s
Automatic encoder selection failed for output stream #0:0. Default encoder for format amr (codec amr_nb) is probably disabled. Please choose an encoder manually.
Error selecting an encoder for stream 0:0
done converting to AMR Vernon Township Fire - Station 8 09:45:17 on 05/04/20
going to try to copy files now
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/TTD/TwoToneDetect71d.py", line 1897, in alert
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 153, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Station_8_2020_05_04_09_44_20.amr'
Successfully retrieved local tone info at 10:25:54 on 05/04/20

Two things to note:
1) None of my tone configurations are using AMR, so why is TTD trying to convert to AMR?
2) TTD successfully recorded/converted to MP3 and WAV. However, the MP3 is not sent via email. So, when converting to AMR fails, the entire send/process seems to fail. Is this intended behavior?