Converting two mono feeds to one stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhite3424

Feed Provider
I have multiple feed authorized and I would like to switch two of them over to a stereo feed via a Barix Instreamer. I don't see anywhere in the Instreamer configuration to provide different server / mount point information for the left vs right channel, but as I understand it, I should be able to stream different source radios over the left and right channels. Is this something that must be configured on your end?

Chuck White

satboy8888

Patch the radios into the streamer using headphone to RCA and only connect the right or left side RCA to the streaming box from each radio. ;) As long as the streaming box is sending stereo and you've requested your feed to be made stereo as well, you should be good to go.

cwhite3424

Feed Provider
Patch the radios into the streamer using headphone to RCA and only connect the right or left side RCA to the streaming box from each radio. ;) As long as the streaming box is sending stereo and you've requested your feed to be made stereo as well, you should be good to go.
They are separate mono feeds in their original configuration. They use separate sound cards and separate mount points now. So I'm assuming someone at Broadcastify would need to reconfigure them to be two sources via a stereo stream?

satboy8888

They are separate mono feeds in their original configuration. They use separate sound cards and separate mount points now. So I'm assuming someone at Broadcastify would need to reconfigure them to be two sources via a stereo stream?

If you are hoping to make them one stereo stream feed on broadcastfy, they switch one of your feeds to stereo and you use one mountpoint and one therefore one stereo feed?

cwhite3424

Feed Provider
If you are hoping to make them one stereo stream feed on broadcastfy, they switch one of your feeds to stereo and you use one mountpoint and one therefore one stereo feed?
Perhaps I'm laboring under a misconception. I was hoping to provide a feed for Agency X Dispatch on Left and Agency Y Dispatch on Right. Then have listeners be able to choose, Agency X or Agency Y as individual feeds. It sounds as if what you're saying is that the feed accessed by listeners will have Agency X on the Left channel and Agency Y on the Right, but whenever they connect, they will always get both and will have to distinguish between them using their balance controls?

satboy8888

Perhaps I'm laboring under a misconception. I was hoping to provide a feed for Agency X Dispatch on Left and Agency Y Dispatch on Right. Then have listeners be able to choose, Agency X or Agency Y as individual feeds. It sounds as if what you're saying is that the feed accessed by listeners will have Agency X on the Left channel and Agency Y on the Right, but whenever they connect, they will always get both and will have to distinguish between them using their balance controls?
Absolutely correct. They would pan left and right to hear the desired radio on your stereo feed.

cwhite3424

Feed Provider
Ahh! I was hoping to take greater advantage of the Instreamer as I suspect it will prove a more stable streaming platform than my Windows 10 box. I will settle for one stable mono stream rather than a stereo feed.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.