R30 RT Systems WCS-R30 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I just got a new R30 and I'm using the RT software. Everything seems to be working fine, except when I write to the radio. The software will finish, but the radio seems to hang and still show the Clone In graphic. If unplug the USB cable and cycle the power, all is fine. Is this a common issue or not?

Hit_Factor

I just got a new R30 and I'm using the RT software. Everything seems to be working fine, except when I write to the radio. The software will finish, but the radio seems to hang and still show the Clone In graphic. If unplug the USB cable and cycle the power, all is fine. Is this a common issue or not?
Sounds like the same behavior as my setup.

Think about it, reboot after being written to is reasonable.

All of my other Icom radios reboot after writes.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
@Hit_Factor I have both RT Systems & CS-R30. Is there a quick way to edit multiple channels? For instance, setting RF Gain from 1 to 7 is at least one of the things I would like to do for large chunks of frequencies/channels.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
@Hit_Factor I have both RT Systems & CS-R30. Is there a quick way to edit multiple channels? For instance, setting RF Gain from 1 to 7 is at least one of the things I would like to do for large chunks of frequencies/channels.
I don't recall if its RTS or Sentinel for scanner, but try select and copy a cell. Then select a range of cells then paste. Only works for columns like RF Gain and not rows. One or both of the applications has spreadsheet like edits, but not the full suite operations.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
RTS did allow copy of a cell and then highlight and paste of an entire column, or whatever was selected. I'm not sure why I didn't try that right off. I was highlighting and trying to right click edit after a copy.

While the program seems a little slow to load, compared to other RTS software, there are zero problems reading/writing here with RTS. Also, with the Adjust Setting Speed on "Fast", it takes about a minute. When set to "Normal" it is about twice as long. (Windows 10, 8GB RAM, i5 CPU, 64 bit laptop)

The software provides a column for entering in NAC for P25 and whatever else depending on the digital mode, as well as the option for digital squelch. While those using RTS may now know this, others may not. Additionally, I am unsure if it had the column previously, but it is definitely working now. I'm new here ;) Anyways, I keyed up a couple of P25 repeaters and no problem hearing myself, whether or not I programmed the NAC...as long as the Operating Mode was correct.

I have yet to copy and paste from another RTS software for a VR-500, so we'll see how that goes. Actually, I'll pull freqs from a D74A as there are more things in common.

Here is where I am at:
RTS Version: 5.00.35
CPU: 1.10
DSP: 1.03
GPS: 11613
BT: 1.11

Last edited:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
In preferences columns can be turned off and on in RTS, as in temporary hiding Dstar columns when programming analog channels. One strength of RTS is moving data from one radio to radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.