DSDPlus DSDplus FMP-VC not following/constant idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasethnic

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one. I've found a really good DMR control channel with plenty of activity however the FMP-VC module seems to not actually do anything. I'm seeing lots of activity as per the screenshot however I only get voice when it's on the second slot of the control channel. The FMP-VC part is constantly idle. Am I missing a configuration step?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    500.6 KB · Views: 50

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Hello @kasethnic
As Slicerwizard mentioned, you have the control channel but you will need to put in the voice frequencies. This is done in the DSDPlus.frequencies file and there are lots of posts on how to populate this file so just do a search to find them. If the site you are monitoring is already decoded and listed in the Radio Reference database, you can get the frequencies from the site entry in the database.

If you are used to working with P25 where you can only get away with monitoring the control channel, DMR and NXDN usually work differently and the frequencies have to be entered as they usually are not decoded from the control channel like P25.

Hope this helps!

kasethnic

Hello @kasethnic
As Slicerwizard mentioned, you have the control channel but you will need to put in the voice frequencies. This is done in the DSDPlus.frequencies file and there are lots of posts on how to populate this file so just do a search to find them. If the site you are monitoring is already decoded and listed in the Radio Reference database, you can get the frequencies from the site entry in the database.

If you are used to working with P25 where you can only get away with monitoring the control channel, DMR and NXDN usually work differently and the frequencies have to be entered as they usually are not decoded from the control channel like P25.

Hope this helps!

Ah, this does make more sense as I am used to P25 like you said. Thankyou for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.