OpenMHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I call your attention to the website openmhz.com. There are hobbyists who use software called trunkrecorder and inexpensive RTL SDR dongles to broadcast and record all transmissions from a single site of a trunked radio system. Broadcastify has a similar project called Broadcastify Calls.

OpenMHz is interesting to me because a hobbyist in Sumter SC is broadcasting all calls carried on the Sumter Simulcast site. It's really interesting to watch and listen to the various transmissions. I note that in addition to Sumter County agencies and state agencies, it also carries Clarendon and Calhoun County Sheriff dispatch channels.

I also note that talkgroup 51733 is very active on the Sumter site. It's clearly a medical transport service. Can anyone listen and attempt to identify the service that's using it?

c4181

Feed Provider
That Sumter site also carries some of the Richland agencies sometimes too. It seems to always have Columbia Fire Dispatch. I like how easy it is on OpenMHz to get back and pull audio from earlier in the day.

If anyone is interested I plan to be getting Richland County Simulcast and Lexington County Simulcast online with the Broadcastify calls system soon. Just waiting on the SDR dongles to come in from China.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I see Sumter and N. Augusta Palmetto 800. That is pretty awesome, if I still had a desktop computer I would be tempted to run feeds again.

mrat1234

That Sumter site also carries some of the Richland agencies sometimes too. It seems to always have Columbia Fire Dispatch. I like how easy it is on OpenMHz to get back and pull audio from earlier in the day.

If anyone is interested I plan to be getting Richland County Simulcast and Lexington County Simulcast online with the Broadcastify calls system soon. Just waiting on the SDR dongles to come in from China.

Columbia Fire Dispatch is always carried on the Fairfield county (winnsboro) site as well.

cobra

Premium Subscriber
I wish someone would put Georgetown County SO on the air so I could hear it here in Columbia.

mrat1234

Disregard last post just saw Logisticare Ambulance Service has a dispatch talkgroup of 51707. i actually just found the dispatch talkgroup in the database. i thought 51733 was Logisticare Ambulance Service Dispatch because it's almost non stop traffic including dispatch and units all in the 300's. 305,306,310,313 are the units i heard today i also heard some patient reports to some er but could not identify which one. @GearJammersc said he thinks 51733 is Logisticare Ambulance Service Roam, Brian said he thinks 51733 is LifeGuard Ambulance Service. Could 51733 be a second dispatch talkgroup for Logisticare Ambulance Service.

Last edited:

mrat1234

i also found some new talkgroups for meducare and irmo. 10393 2899 D Meducare - 24911 614f D Irmo FD Talk 2

Last edited:

mrat1234

does anybody have any info on PPP there are only talkgroups identified for upstate,richland,lexington and roam. i really want to identify ones for fairfield,chester,newberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.