Streaming of commercials over Broadcastify feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt_531

I'd like to clarify. If a non subscriber to this scanner world, purchases the Pro app for 3 bucks, they would not be subjected to these ads?

Last edited:

emt_531

Lindsay, I appreciate your quick response. So these third party apps such as 5-0 radio, Police Scanner Radio for the iOS and Android are now ad driven unless its a Broadcastify app?

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
Lindsay, I appreciate your quick response. So these third party apps such as 5-0 radio, Police Scanner Radio for the iOS and Android are now ad driven unless its a Broadcastify app?

Premium Subscribers (and feed providers), when logged in, WILL NOT get those ads at all. User's of the Broadcastify Pro App won't get those ads. We're also working with app developers on licensing arrangements to not deliver ads to their pro apps which feature no ads.

it sounds like the ideal situation they are going for is that it would depend on whether you paid for the app developer's "pro" version, like Scanner Radio vs Scanner Radio Pro, for example

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Yes, the third-party apps are ad-driven. As far as I know they always have been; I've used the free versions of both the ones you mentioned and they have always spewed advertising, visual and/or audible, from time to time. I now use the Broadcastify app exclusively unless what I want to listen to isn't on Broadcastify (which is infrequent).

WaveJam

Feed Provider

WaveJam

Feed Provider
Ok, so you are running your own app. Yes, you are going to get commercials if you are running your own app and using our infrastructure to support that app.

Understood... I'm currently a free premium subscriber (I run 3 feeds), if I were a paid premium subscriber would I lose the ads?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Understood... I'm currently a free premium subscriber (I run 3 feeds), if I were a paid premium subscriber would I lose the ads?
No, not if you are running your own app. If you are "reselling" or redistributing our feeds through other mechanisms that we have no control over, like your own apps, we're going to insert commercials into those feeds.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
@blantonl I would suggest to also have a discussion with EDispatches same as "official provided feeds"; as to my knowledge, all their feeds are provided on behalf of their service to their contracted agencies. So you could assume they are "official" as well, just the agency is paying them to set it up. There may be other groups like this. I dont have my fire department's contract in front of me, but I know we agreed to terms having them broadcast it in order to feed it via their app for us.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
@blantonl I would suggest to also have a discussion with EDispatches same as "official provided feeds"; as to my knowledge, all their feeds are provided on behalf of their service to their contracted agencies. So you could assume they are "official" as well, just the agency is paying them to set it up. There may be other groups like this. I dont have my fire department's contract in front of me, but I know we agreed to terms having them broadcast it in order to feed it via their app for us.
Out team is in contact with them regarding this. There are already solutions in the works on eDispatches end to get this issue resolved.

ScanWorcester

Feed Provider
We are testing delivering 15-30 sec pre-roll ads on some feeds to free users. As we test we'll choose some specific feeds to do the test. Eventually, we'll be delivering pre-roll ads to all free listeners.

Premium Subscribers (and feed providers), when logged in, WILL NOT get those ads at all. User's of the Broadcastify Pro App won't get those ads. We're also working with app developers on licensing arrangements to not deliver ads to their pro apps which feature no ads.

If you are hearing an ad and you are a premium subscriber, you're not logged in. Make sure you're logged into the site.

Thanks,

Please remove these ads from my Worcester Fire feed. I'm extremely disappointed that we were not made aware of this.

Reconrider

Please remove these ads from my Worcester Fire feed. I'm extremely disappointed that we were not made aware of this.
I don’t think asking is going to make them go away. It’s broadcastifys right to insert ads - after all it’s there server you are using to upload on.

ScanWorcester

Feed Provider
I don’t think asking is going to make them go away. It’s broadcastifys right to insert ads - after all it’s there server you are using to upload on.

I'm providing multiple digital radios, a brand new computer, the bandwidth, electricity, maintenance and time to reply to the emails from idiots that report "no audio" when it's user error 99% of the time. I don't recall opting in to this, and don't expect to hear ads on my own feed. Why on earth would I agree to invest the money into such a system, in order for others to profit from it.

And yes, I am logged in. I am able to listen to the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.