NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Need conformation. Here sitting at my work location monitoring NJICS W. Orange site, with my BC435 in ID search, scanning the two possible additional TGs for Clifton. 5093 and 5095. Caught Radio IDs 1602000, 1602192, 1602300 on TG 5093. It was fast and i only caught a quick glimpse.
Could have been Memorial Day services function. Just want to make sure. Thans

NParkNJ

On the Road
Need conformation. Here sitting at my work location monitoring NJICS W. Orange site, with my BC435 in ID search, scanning the two possible additional TGs for Clifton. 5093 and 5095. Caught Radio IDs 1602000, 1602192, 1602300 on TG 5093. It was fast and i only caught a quick glimpse.
Could have been Memorial Day services function. Just want to make sure. Thans

Ken, were those in the clear? Or Encrypted?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Only observed the radio IDs and the TG, no audio, either they were keyups only or "E". Didn't catch the ENC on the scanner either, to fast. :rolleyes::coffee:

Not sure which model you have on your desk, but it's also always a possibility the radio choked on the LSM. I've noticed that for some reason, some Uniden receivers' LSM issue is slightly worse when they're receiving an encrypted signal. It can take a full second or two to start to output the audio to the speaker.

Those are valid Clifton ID's though obviously.

ansky

Livingston, NJ Police made the move May 25, 2020 at 6am.

All through the airwaves, not creature was stirring, not even a mouse. :-(

Does anyone know what the Livingston Fire talkgroup is going to be used for (or when it will be used)? I can't pick up the VHF from my location so I'm hoping they will simulcast the fire/EMS dispatches on there at some point. I was tuned in all day yesterday but didn't hear anything.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the Livingston Fire talkgroup is going to be used for (or when it will be used)? I can't pick up the VHF from my location so I'm hoping they will simulcast the fire/EMS dispatches on there at some point. I was tuned in all day yesterday but didn't hear anything.

Right now, it’s just so the fire officers have access to it. They don’t have any PSIC radios in the apparatus.

EDIT: They won’t be using NJICS for operations. It would just be for the fire officers to have immediate comms with the police desk.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Not sure which model you have on your desk, but it's also always a possibility the radio choked on the LSM. I've noticed that for some reason, some Uniden receivers' LSM issue is slightly worse when they're receiving an encrypted signal. It can take a full second or two to start to output the audio to the speaker.

Those are valid Clifton ID's though obviously.

I have been relatively lucky in not having to many problems with LSM issues with either my 435 or 535 scanners when monitoring NJICS primaraly the West Orange site from home or my work location. Regardless, that's why I posted my findings here for those of you the have those good SDRs and tracking software and also have little or no issues with LSM. :rolleyes::coffee:

N2NHL

Unrelated to the Clifton situation, I did see a TG 4771 pop up for about 20 minutes. I did not catch any UID's though.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Unrelated to the Clifton situation, I did see a TG 4771 pop up for about 20 minutes. I did not catch any UID's though.

4771, 4773, 4777, and 4779 were all active today with RID's in the NJSP range, encrypted, Union County.

I haven’t. I guess it would be West Orange and possibly Ramapo. I’ll keep an eye on it
All indications are that they are using a frequency in addition to their current UHF repeater frequency. It may be encrypted, as conversations on their UHF repeater indicate they have a another channel that they’re using for sensitive information.

NParkNJ

On the Road
All indications are that they are using a frequency in addition to their current UHF repeater frequency. It may be encrypted, as conversations on their UHF repeater indicate they have a another channel that they’re using for sensitive information.

Ok. It could be E, it could be unpublished, or it could be simplex. I’m not in the immediate area unfortunately. But I’ll see what I can do.

NParkNJ

On the Road
How tall was that antenna ????

LOL. Well the car is a Toyota SUV. That sits 6 feet tall. And the antenna was a Tram 1094 BNC. That was like 3 1/2 feet tall. Loved that antenna. The magnet is still intact. Just need a new whip.