Chester County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
There are 55xx talkgroup ID's assigned to specific uses at the console. When those are patched to the standard talkgroups, the dynamic 65xxx ID's are created. What we do not know are the 55xx assigned talkgroups. I would not label the 65xxx as anything other than "dynamic patch". The 55xx numbers are considered console assignments as they don't show up directly in any field radios that I know about.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There are 55xx talkgroup ID's assigned to specific uses at the console. When those are patched to the standard talkgroups, the dynamic 65xxx ID's are created. What we do not know are the 55xx assigned talkgroups. I would not label the 65xxx as anything other than "dynamic patch".

Already covered. See Posts 433 and 438, and the Admin Handbook. . .

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Or maybe the wiki :rolleyes:
Once again :rolleyes:

• 64001 Radio Testing
  • 64006 Radio Testing (07-31-2018)
  • 64051 Radio Testing
  • 64052 Radio Testing
  • 64053 Radio Testing
  • 64054 Radio Testing
  • 64055 Radio Testing
  • 64201 Radio Testing
  • 64202 Radio Testing
NOT THE SAME TG's that have been discussed as of recent... They were in the RR DB, BUT somebody later removed them :unsure: Groaning Sounds..

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FYI,
Same two RIDS are now performing the same testing on TG 5452 DES Technical Div.
I guess it's possible that those 64xxx TG's were removed from the DB due to some rule change at the time.. :unsure: But they have always been used for testing (during the system build out and again today they returned).. Never a Patch, always testing..

55xx Interop
64xxx Radio Testing
65xxx Dynamic Patch
:geek:
This is based on monitoring the system with scanners and software personally since the system started spewing RF. End of report.

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
FYI,
Same two RIDS are now performing the same testing on TG 5452 DES Technical Div.
I guess it's possible that those 64xxx TG's were removed from the DB due to some rule change at the time.. :unsure: But they have always been used for testing (during the system build out and again today they returned).. Never a Patch, always testing..

55xx Console Assigned (Fixed Use) Patch..
64xxx Radio Testing
65xxx Dynamic Patch
:geek:
This is based on monitoring the system with scanners and software personally since the system started spewing RF. End of report.

Looking good.. (y)

Perhaps someone more informed on Harris systems and what those 64xxx talkgroups might be can chime in.

The 55xx talkgroups are not patches. They are assigned talkgroup numbers for specific selections on the console (e.g. VLAW31/PD NAT, SECOM 1-6, BERKS, LANCASTER, etc). The dispatcher selects that and the county radio talkgroup they want patched and voila, the 65xxx ID gets assigned. Honestly, the New Castle Co channels are probably SECOM channel assignments since both of those counties are part of the SECOM interop microwave network (Philly, Bucks, Chester, Delco, Montco, News Castle Co DE, Camden Co NJ, Gloucester Co NJ, etc).

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Perhaps someone more informed on Harris systems and what those 64xxx talkgroups might be can chime in.

The 55xx talkgroups are not patches. They are assigned talkgroup numbers for specific selections on the console (e.g. VLAW31/PD NAT, SECOM 1-6, BERKS, LANCASTER, etc). The dispatcher selects that and the county radio talkgroup they want patched and voila, the 65xxx ID gets assigned. Honestly, the New Castle Co channels are probably SECOM channel assignments since both of those counties are part of the SECOM interop microwave network (Philly, Bucks, Chester, Delco, Montco, News Castle Co DE, Camden Co NJ, Gloucester Co NJ, etc).

According to the local Harris techs I spoke with, any block of talkgroups on the system can be assigned as patch talkgroups, but they most often use groups above 6xxxx as default.

I'll get with them again and see if they can provide any additional detail.

Falcon4

A couple of questions just passed my mind....might be moving to WC. Would you recommend East/Central or the New WC simulcast? Also is there any users experiencing simulcast issues since the WC simulcast came on?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a war going on, anybody listening? starting 05/30/2020 11 PM ish

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

I guess 5542 would be, should be a SECOM TG :unsure: but which one :D not sure it's NCCO now.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FYI,
DSD+ FL shows the patch like this..85862
I edited 5542's alpha tag.. Not sure exactly who is being patched Mont Co maybe?

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
I completely understand that we're building a database of TGs here but just a reminder for folks scanning that Fire patches are done on Ops channels (West ops 1, East ops 2, etc.) as the region corresponds, and PD patches to DSP, PSP, etc, are done on the "PG" (Police Groups) talkgroups such as West Police Group. The SECOM and LanCo tgs above are for dispatcher use and are not in the portable/mobile units for end users.

For example, the patch for chester county units to the delco system for the PD assist is taking place on East Police Group which is what officers radios are on currently.

Now, portable coverage reaching out in upper darby and those units actually being able to use that channel is a whole other story lol.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Now, portable coverage reaching out in upper darby and those units actually being able to use that channel is a whole other story lol.

So, this is the biggest drawback of SECOM, right? Millions of dollars spent on something to "link" systems, but end users are still no better off since their radio is still only going to work where it would usually work. Could have spent that money on upgrading systems and sharing cores and doing other things so that radios could seamlessly roam throughout the region. I'm sure the microwave network that was built is super useful for some things, but this was not the right answer for end user on the ground interoperability.

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
So, this is the biggest drawback of SECOM, right? Millions of dollars spent on something to "link" systems, but end users are still no better off since their radio is still only going to work where it would usually work. Could have spent that money on upgrading systems and sharing cores and doing other things so that radios could seamlessly roam throughout the region. I'm sure the microwave network that was built is super useful for some things, but this was not the right answer for end user on the ground interoperability.
Exactly, Delco PD for Upper Darby was patched into E_PG last night, it worked fine for patching the systems, but nobody out there were actually using the patch to talk since they were out of range.

Status
Not open for further replies.