Protestors using your live feed to taunt and attack cops... How do you feel about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7DDC

Even afte the feed went silent last night there was scanner audio on some of the live video streams. So it's not even 100% that this was from a broadcastify stream.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Even afte the feed went silent last night there was scanner audio on some of the live video streams. So it's not even 100% that this was from a broadcastify stream.

Very true. the OP made some very broad and unfounded assumptions about where the police transmissions in question were actually coming from.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm a Minneapolis native and was listening to the feed past couple of nights. On the first night, I heard a transmission about a guy with a rifle the cops were looking for. Shortly later, the cops said the guy with the rifle was monitoring the scanner and left the area. Getting him to leave the area was the object, so the feed actually helped to avoid a confrontation.

I heard the feed drop out, but the rioting, taunting, burning continued. You could see it live on YouTube from many sources. So saying the scanner feed contributed to that is baloney.

The problem is a lack of respect for other people and their property and not being "all about me". That's where the attention needs to be.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
In the big picture, if they are taunting, this will eventually lead to encryption.

Jim
And it should. I hope they E everything. Even my own feed. I could use a new hobby. I ain't participating in innocent business's being looted and burned, firefighters and cops being attacked.. As a life long hobbyist I still draw lines.. What if that was your business? Looted and burned? We providers need a delay option. This is absurd. Saint Paul Police, Fire, and Public Works Dispatch Live Audio Feed

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I ain't participating in innocent business's being looted and burned, firefighters and cops being attacked.. As a life long hobbyist I still draw lines..

What exactly is your statement here? Are you trying to imply that the feed provider is participating in these crimes?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Nope. I just think we providers should have a delay option. So we can keep providing our feed with officer safety in mind. What's your opinion?

My opinion has been expressed in post #24.

Chronic

There is a small delay on all feeds , on my feed after a fresh reboot there is atleast a 1 minute delay. Who is to say that the so called protesters were not hearing actual police radios on the belts of police , i am sure they had them turned up so they can hear them over the comotion. Unless you are educated in the hobby , most people would not know what the police are saying if they were listening to them with codes and signals being used and just plain old police lingo.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
There is a small delay on all feeds , on my feed after a fresh reboot there is atleast a 1 minute delay. Who is to say that the so called protesters were not hearing actual police radios on the belts of police , i am sure they had them turned up so they can hear them over the comotion. Unless you are educated in the hobby , most people would not know what the police are saying if they were listening to them with codes and signals being used and just plain old police lingo.
Yup I agree.. Just wait till it breaks out nationwide and people loot and burn your house/business down.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Just sit back and enjoy "The Left" stoking the race war and convincing these morons to burn their own neighborhoods down. Then the "Professional Protesters" will move onto the next city to destroy. Ahhh, the Obama years, it brings back memories.
Literally nothing on the MSM news about this. Crazy times we living in.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Nope, just want a delay option. To protect our first responders, while still allowing the freedom of information to happen. . :)
First, it was for safety of your neighbors and now it’s freedom of information. Yet, you stated you hope they encrypt everything, which invalidates both your arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.