Buffalo NY/Radio System (UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
UPDATES
These are the NEW Talkgroups and information I have found by searching these Digital Systems in the Buffalo NY Area.
SUBMIT ANY INFORMATION you want to RadioReference Data Base.
FM Communication Tonawanda
TALKGROUPS
0-01-154 Animal Control
0-03-024 ?
0-03-152 Senior Transportation
0-03-168 ?
0-03-175 Tow Truck
0-03-178 Snow Plow
0-04-040 Snow Plow
0-04-181 Snow Plow
0-04-185 School Bus
0-05-170 Senior Transportation
0-05-186 ?
----------------------------------
FM Communications (420 MHZ)
TALKGROUPS
0-03-024 ?
0-05-001 Senior Transportation
0-05-003 School Bus
0-13-010 ?
--------------------------------
FM Communications (Buffalo 2)
TALKGROUPS
1-02-170 School Bus
FM Communication (Nexedge)
TALKGROUPS
8 Snow Plow
10 Medical Transportation
86 ?
95 Tow Truck
141 Snow Plow
Roswell Park Cancer institute
TALKGROUPS
3-3 Parking Attendants
------------------------------
SolarCity (Tesla)
TALKGROUPS
306 Building Maintenance ok
Steve

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I’ll try and pick a different system and site a day and see what I can figure out too. That’s a good start. There’s a TON of TG’s out there that haven’t been determined completely or submitted.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I’ll try and pick a different system and site a day and see what I can figure out too. That’s a good start. There’s a TON of TG’s out there that haven’t been determined completely or submitted.
Yes I am getting board again and I can put in multiple sites/systems and Id scan for new talkgroups for hours, it's great to have a scanner and software to do this
Steve

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Just figured out the Ch#'s for Site 3 - South Wales, submitted them. 424.4500 is Ch 29, 424.8125 is Ch 39. Thats gonna make things easier!

k2hz

Database Admin
I spent considerable time in the past on the FM Comm NXDN TGs on the Attica site.

The School Bus TGs 75-79, other than Amherst, seemed to be in that same general area but I could not pin down addresses heard on a particular TG to a specific school district. It may be that these TGs are all operated by First Student. The First Student operations in Rochester on Flower City LTR have TGs based on the garage the buses operate out of which may not be specific to a particular school district. I could not find any good details on First Student operation in the Buffalo area to see if it relates to those unknown TGs.

The towing TGs 94 & 96 have radio aliases for the dispatchers for various tow operators with them all being AAA contractors. The same may be true of TG 95 which I have not regularly heard on Attica. Pay attention to radio aliases when monitoring this system for clues to the uses.

On Saia, the 50010x TGs are techs, test, rental and demo so efforts to id a particular user of 500103 may be futile since it will probably be temporary. I had a similar situation on Mobiletech on TG3 that drove me crazy where it was an apparent school bus for a few days and then an electrical contractor or utility and then quiet.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I figured the 500103 is probably a demo or testing TG, just something I noted based off the conversations. They kept doing radio checks and calling out locations, and "oh hey, go to this spot and see if it works"... kinda screams demo TG to me...

I think I figured out some more TG's for FM, but I'm gonna let them play out for the day and see if I can actually nail down which business is it, rather than some generic name. I also have DSD running on Site 2 right now, as well as discover on the BDC436, so Ill compare them, mainly taking advantage of the radio alias DSD provides off the NXDN system.

I was also hoping to figure out the Ch #'s for the FM Site 2, however, watching it on DSD for the last hour, its running at near what appears to be max capacity with all the TG's and private calls going on, Ch's 4,5,6,7,12 & 14 are the only ones popping up, nothing thats not already known. So, again, after I leave it run for the day, ill review it, but monitoring it with high traffic over the last hour, im gonna say that all those other undetermined ch's on the system are not correct and not associated

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I also have LRRP running because I got a few GPS hits, so I'm hoping thats also gonna play in my favor as well

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, been busy so I couldn't reply back, but as you note, I did complete the submission. So, after running discovery all day, reviewing the audio and the channels used, I submitted a deletion of the incorrect Ch's on Site 2.

I hate submitting generic stuff, but after two days of traffic that I recorded on the TG's I submitted, that the absolute best I think anyones gonna come up with just shy of seeing them talk in front of you when you got the scanner monitoring it.

LRRP defiantly helped figure out that Accadia TG, the GPS started there and ended there, and it was all construction based traffic so, seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Seeing how the traffic that occurs that hasn't been submitted/confirmed yet is mostly business hour stuff, Monday morning ill throw it on idk, the FM LTR Tonawanda system and see what I come up with there. I'm thinking to companion it, I'll boot up SDRTrunk, and see how that works

ak716

Premium Subscriber
All the active TG's on FM Comm's Tonawanda LTR system today from about midnight last night to 5pm today. I think its also fair to say that Mercy Flight can be removed from the system seeing how they migrated to SaiaNet a while back and use that regularly. Ill make the submission for the new finds today. LCN's are all still correct.

0-01-078 - UNK
0-01-099 - Taxi
0-01-115 - UNK
0-01-131 - Taxi (inversion)
0-01-132 - Taxi (inversion)
0-01-133 - Unknown Power Provider/Contractor
0-01-153 - UNK
0-01-154 - SPCA Law Enforcement
0-01-255 - UNK
0-03-093 - Unk Construction
0-03-152 - Unknown Northtowns Transport
0-03-153 - Data Burst (5 min intervals)
0-03-168 - Medical Transport
0-03-175 - Tow Trucks (Northtowns - AAA Tow Contractor)
0-03-203 - UNK
0-03-204 - UNK
0-03-255 - UNK
0-04-181 - Property Maintenance (Northtowns)
0-04-219 - UNK
0-04-255 - UNK
0-05-241 - UNK
0-07-140 - UNK
0-20-194 - UNK
1-11-025 - UNK
1-15-207 - UNK
1-19-248 - UNK

Next one, FM LTR 420

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
I am not sure if this is true of all LTR systems but, on LTR-NET, TGs above 240 are reserved for special functions. Are you hearing voice activity on these high-numbered TGs? Specifically, x-xx-254 is station ID and x-xx-255 is Idle. In any event, I think x-xx-255 would not be a normal TG.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if this is true of all LTR systems but, on LTR-NET, TGs above 240 are reserved for special functions. Are you hearing voice activity on these high-numbered TGs? Specifically, x-xx-254 is station ID and x-xx-255 is Idle. In any event, I think x-xx-255 would not be a normal TG.
Haha....well.... I don't know now.... I couldn't figure it out whatever it was, so I listed it as UNK..... I don't recall what was happening on it, and of course....because I was done with it.... I deleted the file lol... so, yeah, Ill have to try that again

k2hz

Database Admin
I just checked my documentation on basic LTR and both Kenwood and EF Johnson say the maximum TGIDs is 250. I just tried my Kenwood programming software and it will not allow a TGID higher to 250 to be entered. If I try to enter 255 it reverts to 250.

Also, Kenwood recommends that IDs 100, 200 and 201 be reserved for test purposes although this is not mandatory.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I just checked my documentation on basic LTR and both Kenwood and EF Johnson say the maximum TGIDs is 250. I just tried my Kenwood programming software and it will not allow a TGID higher to 250 to be entered. If I try to enter 255 it reverts to 250.

Also, Kenwood recommends that IDs 100, 200 and 201 be reserved for test purposes although this is not mandatory.
Good to know! ill have to watch for that

ak716

Premium Subscriber
So, ran discovery on FM's "420", little activity on it, mainly im thinking because the majority of the submitted talkgroups are buses, but got clear as day new find, another no clue what it is... and other, man, I would have though it was a FRS radio, so... nothing new and late breaking on that system. I put it on Saia Site 10 for the day, just to change it. FM's systems are boring lol

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice it looks like Ford's and Saia's 900 MHz systems are off the air? Its been about a week and I haven't seen a blip. Flipping through the 900 range right now in SDR#, and nothing. I put my 436 on last week for a day, and didn't get a signal hit on Ford or Saia's 900. Im getting a decent signal from GM Powertrain and Tesla, so I know its not my equipment or an antenna issue on my end

Status
Not open for further replies.