trunk-recorder cannot decode P25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have been using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with trunk-recorder installed and it’s doing a great job on decoding and recording P25 Phase 1 traffic, but when the network recently started carrying Phase 2 traffic, all it records were garble and unintelligible traffic. I see the logs reflect it recognizes TDMA traffic but it just would not record Phase 2 intelligibly.

Anyone has experienced this as well and if so, what was your solution?

Thank you!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Experienced the same with a fully TDMA system. Was mentioned by the developer that it's possible there is an issue with decoding TDMA on ARM hardware. I'm glad you posted this, as it confirms what I was experiencing. Hopefully they'll be a solution for it. Make sure you post this on GitHub also.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I had no issue decoding and recording it on SDS100, I’m inclined to try a different Linux machine just to see if it’s ARM hardware related

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
MRRS/Metro-25? Let me know how you make out if you try non-ARM hardware. Right now I only have the same 3 B+ available for testing, and obviously that hasn't been successful with TDMA for either of us.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Yes and also NJICS on Alpine and DOITT P25 site also. The same problem across Harris, Motorola - ASR and Simulcast.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Okay good. I mean, not good, but good that it's not an issue with just one TDMA system. And you having success with the FDMA talkgroups on those systems is also reassuring.

jonk6

You might want to grab the latest TR from GitHub. It includes a fix for this issue.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that with the latest update on trunk-recorder this issue has been resolved. !

Status
Not open for further replies.