Lee County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Afternoon All,
I am visiting the Fort Myers area in the next few days, and I am having a hard time knowing what to program in under Lee's P25 system. I see Fort Myers has a 700 site along with a few 800 sites. Does Fort Myers Fire, Law, etc. utilize this site, and the rest of the County use the 800 sites? I also see multiple Fire Dispatch Talkgroups... What ones are used, and what one aren't used? I see a Fire Dispatch 2, Fire Dispatch 3, Fire Tac 4, Fire/EMS Dispatch 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!

Ryan Olsen

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I have some info for you. I've been going to Fort Myers 3 times a year for many years. I have 2 spreadsheets of active talkgroups, one for the older digital system, and one for the newer P25 system. As far as I know, no 700 MHZ fequencies are used. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, I'm interested in whether Sanibel PD is encrypted or not on the P25 system (TG 189). If you have a chance could you monitor it and see if you hear anything? I won't be able to go for awhile due to the virus, so I'd like to know if you hear Sanibel PD.

Attachments

• 1Lee County Talkgroups (Digital Main) (7-01-20).pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 1Lee County Talkgroups (P25) (7-01-20).pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 29

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I have some info for you. I've been going to Fort Myers 3 times a year for many years. I have 2 spreadsheets of active talkgroups, one for the older digital system, and one for the newer P25 system. As far as I know, no 700 MHZ fequencies are used. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, I'm interested in whether Sanibel PD is encrypted or not on the P25 system (TG 189). If you have a chance could you monitor it and see if you hear anything? I won't be able to go for awhile due to the virus, so I'd like to know if you hear Sanibel PD.

So the "LEE COUNTY, FL TALKGROUPS (P25) (7/01/20)" spreadsheet appears to be the new P25 P1 system Talkgroups, with the "LEE COUNTY, FL DIGITAL MAIN TALKGROUPS (7/01/20)" being the Motorola Type II system?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
So the "LEE COUNTY, FL TALKGROUPS (P25) (7/01/20)" spreadsheet appears to be the new P25 P1 system Talkgroups, with the "LEE COUNTY, FL DIGITAL MAIN TALKGROUPS (7/01/20)" being the Motorola Type II system?
That is correct.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
That is correct.
I see the Ft. Myers site with the 700 MHZ freqs was added to the database in May. I'm not sure what that is used for, as my last trip was in January. Someone else here might know more about that.

I_am_Alpha1

Lee County is very strange. It seems each county department operates their own trunking radio system. Public safety operates on a conventional trunking system as well as a P25. They are in the process of building out a new system...perhaps next summer it will go live if things go well...that's the 700 system you have seen pop up.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Lee County is very strange. It seems each county department operates their own trunking radio system. Public safety operates on a conventional trunking system as well as a P25. They are in the process of building out a new system...perhaps next summer it will go live if things go well...that's the 700 system you have seen pop up.
Are you aware if Sanibel PD is encrypted on the P25 system?

Radio_Cowboy

I will be in Fort Myers beach in November. It looks like the SO south TG that covers the beach is encrypted? Is the beach FD on the P25 system, the analog system or both? I will only have a Unication G5 with me so hopefully most traffic is on the P25 system.....

Status
Not open for further replies.