Tags no longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnmsales

Hey everyone. In order to have a decent antenna on my provided scanner it was moved to the living room and connected to a MINI PC. Small issue with this mini is the power cable comes out easily causing the feed to go down and bring everything back up.

When I first hooked everything up about a year ago I had tags working great. But after a few times I can now not figure out how to get tags back. At this point I cant even remember what com port it was on and have no idea how to figure it out. I know there was a specific order you had to bring everything up to make it work and cant remember that either. Been meaning to sort this out for some time and finally have a chance and could use some help tracking this down. Radio is a Uniden BCD996 connected to a windows 10 mini PC. Thanks in advance for the help.

Feed Provider
One thing with 996s , I am always having to unplug then replug the USB cable from the front after every power cycle ...either scanner or computer. Sometimes I have to unplug from the computer and then put it back . Always fixes it for me.

cnmsales

One thing with 996s , I am always having to unplug then replug the USB cable from the front after every power cycle ...either scanner or computer. Sometimes I have to unplug from the computer and then put it back . Always fixes it for me.
Oh dang! That may do it. What order to i boot the two devices in?

Feed Provider
After computer is running, plug in scanner. Keep in mind...you might have to toggle metadata back on.

Last edited:

cnmsales

After computer is running, plug in scanner. Keep in mind...you might have to toggle metadata back on.

Dude
As soon as I read your reply I slapped my forehead. These are acting as com ports. Of course you have to unplug and put back in. Thanks dude! That instantly fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.