TwoToneDetect Recording issue with v73f

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I am having some luck with v73f, but my audio recordings are recording in slow mode (Very slow and unable to hear what is being said. I updated my ffmpeg.exe file and that did nothing. I am running win 10 build 1909 64 bit. Should my ffmpeg.exe be 32 bit or 64 bit? Older versions of TwoTone record just fine. Will not allow mpeg files to be uploaded, so cannot attach a sample.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Interesting. Try manually adding this line to your config.cfg file in a text editor:

keep_wav = 1

This will cause TTD to keep the WAV file that was originally recorded even after the mp3 is created. You can then check the WAV file to see if it's also "slow" or if it's a WAV to MP3 encoding issue.

Andy

johnmac

Feed Provider
Interesting. Try manually adding this line to your config.cfg file in a text editor:

keep_wav = 1

This will cause TTD to keep the WAV file that was originally recorded even after the mp3 is created. You can then check the WAV file to see if it's also "slow" or if it's a WAV to MP3 encoding issue.

Andy

Updated config file and the .wav file is the same - slow recording. Recording attached.

Attachments

• Westminster_Fire_3_2020_07_06_12_10_47.zip
    889.5 KB · Views: 3

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Updated config file and the .wav file is the same - slow recording. Recording attached.
Huh, that's a weird one. The recording is taking place at 22050 Hz sampling rate (when replayed in Audacity at that rate it's normal) even though TTD records at 11025 Hz. First thing to check is whether you have the record channel set to "left", "right", or "mono". If set to "left" or "right", try "mono". If it is set to "mono", try "left".

If that doesn't solve anything, I'd suggest trying a different sound card, as the one being used doesn't seem to be honoring the sample rate request from the OS.

Andy

johnmac

Feed Provider
Huh, that's a weird one. The recording is taking place at 22050 Hz sampling rate (when replayed in Audacity at that rate it's normal) even though TTD records at 11025 Hz. First thing to check is whether you have the record channel set to "left", "right", or "mono". If set to "left" or "right", try "mono". If it is set to "mono", try "left".

If that doesn't solve anything, I'd suggest trying a different sound card, as the one being used doesn't seem to be honoring the sample rate request from the OS.

Andy

I did have two instances of two tone running. One with left audio and the other with right audio. Changed to mono and using just one instance and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

John

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I did have two instances of two tone running. One with left audio and the other with right audio. Changed to mono and using just one instance and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

John
Ok, in that case I'm guessing that the sound card you're using may only support mono input. This is pretty common on the cheap USB devices that are really only designed to work with a headset/microphone.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.