2020 - Kansas City Metro Area MARRS P25 Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
When will the meeting minutes for June 17th be available? Thank you for posting.

It will probably be a while. Not sure if the delays are intentional or if things are slow because of COVID.

scannerowner

On the KCMO sites MOSWIN Willow Springs has been on the Near Location sites for the past couple weeks. I've not seen any traffic dragged over to the KCMO sites from there. Another one is 65344 has been MHP Troop A Dispatch in the North land side of the city. It has been in steady use daily for the past 6 months.

I just read this again, so MSHP Troop A is using 65344 as a patch? I thought 34xxx was the patches??

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is a temporary patch from MOSWIN. The traffic is all on the North side of the city.

Papagei

I happened to be sitting at the computer today and saw a couple of transmissions on TG 35731, "US Probation & Parole Agents". Looking back at all of 2020, I heard this talkgroup on one day each in January, February, March, and May, and not at all in April and June. So having it live for four days in a row is interesting. I'm pretty sure they're coming through the main KCMO site.

I caught a few transmissions "live"; some users are clear and some are encrypted. I don't have recordings of past transmissions, so I don't know what the general case is.

Looking at the logs for July, this group first lit up late on 2020-07-20, and has been active every day since then. It is active at various times of day; I've seen it come up, talk for several hours, and shut down for the day, and I've also seen it come up, talk for a couple of hours, shut down for a couple of hours, and then start talking again.

Looking at just July, there have been a few KCMO PD radio IDs talk on it (4001xxx, 4104xxx, 4105xxx, 4117xxx), and one KCMO Fire ID (4007xxx). Most of the traffic, though, comes from 4054xxx and 4055xxx IDs, with a few more from 4497xxx IDs.

I don't actually know which agency uses the 4054xxx IDs. I have heard a few transmissions from that range in the past, which I have identified as officers of some kind, but I'm not sure what agency - based on the context or talkgroup I heard them on, I have tentative notes of KCPD, VA, or just "United States", but I'm not sure. I have no notes at all on any of the 4497xxx IDs.

The 4055xxx IDs I usually hear are definitely from the VA Hospital, usually hospital operations. I've heard a couple of officer-type transmissions from those IDs in the past, as well.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Yep, seems KCMO PD Dispatch has pushed the big "E" button on all district consoles.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Yep, seems KCMO PD Dispatch has pushed the big "E" button on all district consoles.

It appears that way. Dispatch was clear on North/Shoal creek until about 9PM last night, and I just heard the East Zone dispatcher put out a traffic violator broadcast in the clear just a few minutes ago. She immediately switched back to encrypted mode after that. All other zone consoles are showing up as encrypted on Pro96com. Unless its some strange coincidence that all dispatchers have their consoles encrypted at once (which I've never seen), the days of monitoring KCPD are probably numbered.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
So, to provide an update. It appears that some of the dispatchers are putting certain calls and broadcasts out in clear voice. Beyond the initial dispatch, they go straight back into encrypted mode. Very strange. It's about 50/50 with the officers with regards to encryption use.

bctrainers

Looks like KCMO has flipped the switch on the big E for all patrol zones and traffic channels.

Today seems to be 90%+ encrypted radio traffic, and what left that isn't encrypted is clear for only a second or two and promptly is going back to encryption. Sad times.

TheRNC

Riverside PD has turned on Encryption for their dispatch console. Mobile units are still in the clear and so is Platte County.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Riverside PD has turned on Encryption for their dispatch console. Mobile units are still in the clear and so is Platte County.

Console #1 (4000051) is transmitting in the clear as I type this. They're one of the agencies that can turn the encryption on/off at will. To my knowledge, RSPD has no immediate plans to go fully encrypted. Most of the KCPD consoles have been transmitting clear voice for the past few days.

bctrainers

If I am not mistaken, JaxCoSo is currently patched to RegCom 03. I am seeing a few RID's on RegCom 03 that I do not have tagged locally, which appears to possibly be Lee's Summit, as I keep hearing mentions of them.

Papagei

I am seeing a few RID's on RegCom 03 that I do not have tagged locally, which appears to possibly be Lee's Summit, as I keep hearing mentions of them.

I've been listening to Reg Com 3 since about 15:00, so I think I'm hearing the same thing you are. I can verify that some of the 4045xxx IDs are Lee's Summit police.

bctrainers

I've been listening to Reg Com 3 since about 15:00, so I think I'm hearing the same thing you are. I can verify that some of the 4045xxx IDs are Lee's Summit police.

Numerous LSPD Radios were popping up as 4045***.

Best to keep in mind that there are a couple of RID's on RC3 today that are USMS. Fairly sure those are in the 4055*** and 4054*** range.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
On DSDPlus I keep seeing Deregistrtion; RID=1 over and over past couple days. Looks like someone has non-subscriber radio trying to affiliate with KCMO sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.