Broadcastify Calls and Voxcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I have three instances of Voxcall running and am still unable to keep them running for more than a day, sometimes only a few hours. I went away for a few days and came back and all three instances had completely shut down. No power failure or shut down while I was away. No sure if the problem is local or at Brodcastify. Any thoughts and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Running RadioFeed and pro-scan feeds for years with no problems.

John

DC31

Feed Provider
John,
I listened to one of your calls on node 146 @ 11:57:59. One brief radio transmission up front and then 30 sec of silence. Unless you have changed the setting the recording should end after 2 sec of silence. The others of yours I listened to stopped after about 2 sec. do you have something in your setup that is keeping audio alive and hitting the lockout timer?

Just an observation.

My voxcall on the pi drops out occasionally, maybe a couple times a week, but I get some sort of memblock error message. I have voxcall set up to autorestart after being down for 60 sec.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I listened to one of your calls on node 146 @ 11:57:59. One brief radio transmission up front and then 30 sec of silence. Unless you have changed the setting the recording should end after 2 sec of silence. The others of yours I listened to stopped after about 2 sec. do you have something in your setup that is keeping audio alive and hitting the lockout timer?

Jim,
I have not changed anything in the config files except for the api/slot/system id. Checked the config file and vox silence is set to "2" I have noticed the silence also, but it does not do it all the time. I have no idea when it crashes and I don't seem to get an email unless more than 1 instance is down.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Jim,
I have not changed anything in the config files except for the api/slot/system id. Checked the config file and vox silence is set to "2" I have noticed the silence also, but it does not do it all the time. I have no idea when it crashes and I don't seem to get an email unless more than 1 instance is down.
Make sure the audio squelch is set so that the audio level is below the threshold when there is no radio traffic and it goes above the threshold when there is radio traffic. Otherwise it's going to always be recording and uploading, which you don't want, and could lead to performance issues.

johnmac

Feed Provider
Make sure the audio squelch is set so that the audio level is below the threshold when there is no radio traffic and it goes above the threshold when there is radio traffic. Otherwise it's going to always be recording and uploading, which you don't want, and could lead to performance issues.

My slider is well above the threshold and now I am getting a virus notification "Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B" Others may be having luck with this program, but I am not. I will stick to classic Broadcastify for now. Never any problem with that as I use ProScan products.

Status
Not open for further replies.