Anyone Use a Kerberos SDR DF Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Looking for actual hands-on feedback. I am planning on DFing signals from VHF hi to 940MHz (all the common LMR bands). Thank you, TT

tyytor

Hi I got it to DF 800 mhz trunking site locations and it works good,
I am not sure if you had time to watch the UK and the US you tube videos and check out the SDR site forum?
Lots of good information and not to hard to set up with raspberry pi in a mobile setting.

ab3a

I have one. Overall, I am concerned about the RTL-SDR dynamic range. So I also ordered a Nano-VNA-V2. My goal is to make a set of matched filters for the UHF band. Most of all I need to reduce the FM broadcast band strength, and other high power transmitters. I'm also going to confirm that the antennas I bought are reasonably matched. My goal is to use it to look for 902-928 MHz ISM band devices. Since there is a lot of legally unlicensed activity, I'm trying to find out what's possible.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Very valuable feedback. I would be interesting in some sort of 450-470 bandpass if that was available in a small form factor. Right now I Run an Airspy with FM broadcast band filter. The filter helps a lot and would likely put them in line with each antenna on the DF unit. TT

KR0SIV

I have one, really like what I've seen from it. Easily able to RDF constant transmissions with it. Intermittent is a bit harder but the software is getting better all the time. Did a video on YouTube a while back where I drove around to locate a P25 radio site.

Did the job very well with surprising accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.