NWORPSS Site and Talkgroup Discussion

budman1234

Feed Provider
i was monitoring the northwest ohio regional public safety system here in toledo and i noticed a new talkgroup with the ID 13780. It is unlisted and only had two call come over, does anyone know what this might be?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
It's defiantly a Henry County talkgroup. I looked in Unitrunker and I first logged it in September of last year. Henry County RID's join the talkgroup but I have very few voice calls logged. Keep in mind that I am running Unitrunker on the Lucas County simulcast so that talkgroup may not always be active on that site so I am likely missing some activity.

budman1234

Feed Provider
yeah i have the radio id that was transmitting. 3566507. i have two recording of just white noise for 2 or 3 seconds now. so maybe someone can cross check the radio id and confirm for henry county. Im using SDRTRUNK v0.5.0 to monitor and stream btw

Sting11

Hearing a new unidentified talkgroup on NWORPSS, 10539. Sounds like either a fireground or training talkgroup, likely Lake Township Fire from the numbering convention.

Thinking a sticky thread for NWORPSS wouldn’t be the worst idea, to have a single spot to discuss the system and ID talkgroups.

Sting11

Hearing lots of activity on new TGID 10540 this evening. It’s Rossford Fire fireground traffic (8735xxx radio IDs), but I can’t tell if it’s actual or training.

Sting11

Quite a bit of activity this afternoon on new TGID 10644. Sounds like a non-police county agency but still unable to identify. Will check for radio IDs in the future.

budman1234

Feed Provider
Quite a bit of activity this afternoon on new TGID 10644. Sounds like a non-police county agency but still unable to identify. Will check for radio IDs in the future.
I knkw that toledo public schools security now use this system and believe that is their talkgroup. They stopped using their DMR system k knkw someone who works for their security department

KQA726

Budman, TPS dropped their DMR system?

WOOD COUNTY question; I know Perrysburg Township is on the NWORPSS system, but do they still have an analog link like the Wood Co S.O.?

155.13000 KUS490 RMPTPD DispPerrysburg Twp PD - patch to 800 MHz
Is 155.13 analog in use anymore, or did they let that die-off?

budman1234

Feed Provider
Budman, TPS dropped their DMR system?

WOOD COUNTY question; I know Perrysburg Township is on the NWORPSS system, but do they still have an analog link like the Wood Co S.O.?

155.13000KUS490RMPTPD DispPerrysburg Twp PD - patch to 800 MHz
Is 155.13 analog in use anymore, or did they let that die-off?

Yes TPS security now uses the NWORPS system

And im not sure about the analog to digital patch I havnt listened to it much

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
At one time there were plans to integrate the NWORPSS in to the MARCS TRS. Is this still the plan or are they planning to stay independent?

73's

Ron

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
At one time there were plans to integrate the NWORPSS in to the MARCS TRS. Is this still the plan or are they planning to stay independent?

No idea, but I suspect those with their own systems would prefer to keep it that way. That being said, ISSI is a great way to accomplish some interoperability without sacrificing control over your own system; talkgroups which roam back and forth have to be set up at both ends.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I'm sure Lucas County has no intention to merge into MARCS. Lucas County and MARCS do not play well together. All the MARCS talkgroups were removed during the last radio reprograming a few years ago.

On a side note, the radio templates are being redone and all radios will be reprogrammed this fall as part of the dispatch consolidation. All the talkgroups for law enforcement and fire in Lucas County will redone along with the OPS talkgrpoups that are currently assigned to each PSAP in the county. I heard there will be significantly fewer talkgroups for Lucas County once the consolidation is complete.

Sting11

I knkw that toledo public schools security now use this system and believe that is their talkgroup. They stopped using their DMR system k knkw someone who works for their security department
I can confirm that 10644 is at the very least TPS and sounds like security from the traffic I’m hearing.

KQA726

Maybe wrong forum, but has anyone else been able to resurrect their PRO-96 or PRO-2096 so that it can be useful on the current re-banded version of NWORPSS ? Hate to have those radios going to waste if there's a way to salvage them (using the Don Starr software or something) for Lucas County or even the Lucas County MARCS-IP? 700MHz frequencies the monkey-wrench?
Thanks.

budman1234

Feed Provider
Maybe wrong forum, but has anyone else been able to resurrect their PRO-96 or PRO-2096 so that it can be useful on the current re-banded version of NWORPSS ? Hate to have those radios going to waste if there's a way to salvage them (using the Don Starr software or something) for Lucas County or even the Lucas County MARCS-IP? 700MHz frequencies the monkey-wrench?
Thanks.

i knw somene who uses the pro 2096 for nworpss it should have no issue