scannerci

Hi everyone - I am using a BCD436 in Hancock County Indiana to monitor Hancock-30 but keep having signal strength issues. Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to correct this problem? Thank you.

ind224

Safe T is usually no hassle. Have you checked control channel and alternates and what antenna / in or outdooor?

scannerci

Hi ind224. I upgraded to a remtronix 200 antenna. I do not have issues with other Safe-T departments such a as state police - just Hancock county. I’m not sure how to check the control channel as I programmed with the sentinel software. Thank you.

west-pac

Hi everyone - I am using a BCD436 in Hancock County Indiana to monitor Hancock-30 but keep having signal strength issues. Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to correct this problem? Thank you.

According to the database, Hancock county has 2 tower sites. Did you program the site closest to you?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Funny, I pick them up fine on multiple sites, especially on the D-52 site. Where are you located, and which sites are you trying to use?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I do not have issues with other Safe-T departments such a as state police
The SAFE-T system uses the same sites for the state police and Hancock Co talkgroups. If you receive state police OK, you are not having signal problems. Did you setup 2 systems, one for state police and another for Hancock Co, or put them in separate favorites lists? If you attach your favorites list or lists, I will check for problems. What is a REM-200 antenna?

scannerci

According to the database, Hancock county has 2 tower sites. Did you program the site closest to you?
Thanks for the suggestion. So, I alternate between sites. Sometimes I receive full strength from Wilkinson and sometimes no signal. Same for the Greenfield site.

scannerci

Funny, I pick them up fine on multiple sites, especially on the D-52 site. Where are you located, and which sites are you trying to use?
Hi, so I only have 2 sites from which to choose - Greenfield or Wilkinson.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
All central IN at least have use of a 2 county circle around primary sites for mutual aid. So they can and do also use the D52 site as well as other sites surrounding the county. Including IGC North. The Shelby county simulcast etc.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Thanks for the suggestion. So, I alternate between sites. Sometimes I receive full strength from Wilkinson and sometimes no signal. Same for the Greenfield site.
Give this file a try and see how it works. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. On Sentinel, go to the File tab and Import from hpe file. Click on New Favorites List and name it IN Public Safety. Click OK. Highlight the extracted file (IN Public Safety.hpe) and click Open. It will install as a favorites list in Sentinel. When you Write to Scanner, check the box to Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner. That will remove your present favorites list. You will probably have to select a favorites list quick key of 0 (zero). It seems to strip the FL Quick Key when you import a hpe file.

Attachments

• IN Public Safety.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 21

GTO_04

All central IN at least have use of a 2 county circle around primary sites for mutual aid. So they can and do also use the D52 site as well as other sites surrounding the county. Including IGC North. The Shelby county simulcast etc.

It is definitely a good idea to include the D52 site. It is not simulcast and the tower is taller than most so it has great coverage. I can use it from northern Hamilton County no problem.

GTO_04

scannerci

It is definitely a good idea to include the D52 site. It is not simulcast and the tower is taller than most so it has great coverage. I can use it from northern Hamilton County no problem.

GTO_04
This is a dummy novice question, but how do I add the D52 site?

scannerci

Give this file a try and see how it works. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. On Sentinel, go to the File tab and Import from hpe file. Click on New Favorites List and name it IN Public Safety. Click OK. Highlight the extracted file (IN Public Safety.hpe) and click Open. It will install as a favorites list in Sentinel. When you Write to Scanner, check the box to Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner. That will remove your present favorites list. You will probably have to select a favorites list quick key of 0 (zero). It seems to strip the FL Quick Key when you import a hpe file.
Thank you so much! I will give the list a try. Have a great day.

scannerci

Thank you all! I just figured out how to add the D52 site for Hancock County. But, if I use the D52 site will I hear all traffic for Hancock County? Thank you so much to everyone who has helped.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If you add both hc sites, D52, and at least 1 site nearest you in each surrounding county yes.

scannerci

Hey everyone. I found that the “Pendleton” site is excellent for those in northern Hancock County. Always a full signal for Hancock County departments. I’m guessing that this captures all county traffic and no other site is needed. Is my assessment correct? Thank you.

GTO_04

Hey everyone. I found that the “Pendleton” site is excellent for those in northern Hancock County. Always a full signal for Hancock County departments. I’m guessing that this captures all county traffic and no other site is needed. Is my assessment correct? Thank you.

Yes, depending on your location that may very well be true.

GTO_04

west-pac

No other site would be needed to listen to all of the Hancock county TGs, provided 17 Hancock county radios (each on a different TG) were affiliated with the Pendleton site.