PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Technically, the site coordinates are in Bedford County...just barely. :rolleyes: Clearly they consider it a Blair County site as the site name suggests.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Technically, the site coordinates are in Bedford County...just barely. :rolleyes: Clearly they consider it a Blair County site as the site name suggests.

View attachment 88388

Actually, I completely knew that - looked it up beforehand. Not sure why I said what I said in the way I said it. Guess I was in a hurry to get it posted so I could move on with life. My ultimate point was that it's the BLAI02 site, regardless of where the hell it is. And I labeled it as Blair Co on my own map. But I agree wholeheartedly that it's in Bedford Co with a slew of other licenses at/near the same location. And I'm sure my error in stating which county it is in will not make it any less likely or more likely that it'll end up in the DB once it's online. You are a nitpicker!

Mike

Attachments

• BLAI02.png
    BLAI02.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 7

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Well the FCC Database has that location as being FULT01, not a Blair or Bedford site...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Deep breaths everybody. There are actually a few sites in the system that straddle borders and are identified with the "wrong" county by their system ID code. Personally, it used to drive me crazy, but I have learned to let go of things over which I have no control.

I'm chill. No feathers ruffled here. Just giving GTR some grief.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Just stirring the pot.
WQUV758 -- PENDING
- adding an additional site (BLAI02) to this license

BLAI02 - Martinsburg, PA (Blair) -- the license submission says Bedford Co but it's Blair Co
OFF ROUTE 164 3 MILES E OF MARTINSBURG

Well the FCC Database has that location as being FULT01, not a Blair or Bedford site...

I think ya better look again. Which one of these licenses says its FULT01 ?

Mike
could be confusing because of the callsign in the original post :unsure:
clearly denotes said tower
application is adding a new location as well as frequencies.
As if the whole affair isn't confusing enough. :ROFLMAO:

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
From a local monitoring group's facebook group:

PA Starnet
First Energy (West Penn Power)
TGs: 40000, 40001, 40004, 40007 40011, 40015, and 40018
RIDs: 420xxxx
Sites: 1.61, 1.66
CLEAR VOICE!!!
Recorded Radio Maintenance calling Cranberry CSC?
After checking the wiki, I see those TG numbers were already called out as WPP. But perhaps the Clear voice and Cranberry CSC clues will be helpful.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Watching 1.70 operate at near capacity or full capacity all morning while 1.75 (co-located) barely carries any traffic during the tropical storm. 1.70 is getting absolutely slammed. It maxes out (four convos) on a day when we don't have five inches of rain. I can't see how they can leave it with just two voice frequencies. There must be more NTIA spectrum available.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I
For those interested in listening to/recording this system (or any other P25 system for that matter), I strongly recommend picking up at least one RTL dongle (NooElec, RTL-SDR.com, FlightAware Pro Stick (orange not blue), etc.) and downloading the latest release of SDRTrunk (runs on Windows, Linux, or OSX using Java).

The software has come a long way in recent months, and is a great way to capture all active talkgroups at a site simultaneously, often requiring only one or two dongles, depending on the site channel configuration.

If all frequencies at a site don't span more than 2.4 MHz (e.g. 155.445, 155.550, 156.1125 = 0.6675 MHz of bandwidth), one dongle will suffice. If the frequencies span more than 2.4 MHz, you'll need additional dongles to cover the other frequencies (e.g. 854.6375, 856.8375, 857.9375, 858.8375 = 4.2 MHz of bandwidth, requiring two dongles)

Unitrunker is my weapon of choice for pure logging of activity, in particular the latest v2.1 branch, however SDRTrunk is the new king for FDMA/TDMA voice decoding and recording. Coupled with Trunking Recorder, it's darn near an unbeatable combo.
I've been using FreeScan to record. Is Unitrunker a lot better for recording and logging sites and talkgroups?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I
I've been using FreeScan to record. Is Unitrunker a lot better for recording and logging sites and talkgroups?
Unitrunker does not record audio - although you can use virtual cables to recording software; it more of a detailed logger. It can decode audio from legacy systems, and Phase 1 digital, but does not decode Phase 2 audio.