First State NHP on State of Delaware System

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
I found two unknown TGID this morning on the NCC Simulcast - 33968 and 33936. On 33968, there was a reference to Smith Bridge this morning which is part of the Brandywine Valley section of the park. The UID that showed up on 33968 is 15386 and 15387. 33936 is showing up as encrypted with the UID of 7011 and 13114. I don't monitor the NCC Simulcast as much, but it might be that we have a new user on the system.

Thanks,

Adam

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I found two unknown TGID this morning on the NCC Simulcast - 33968 and 33936. On 33968, there was a reference to Smith Bridge this morning which is part of the Brandywine Valley section of the park. The UID that showed up on 33968 is 15386 and 15387. 33936 is showing up as encrypted with the UID of 7011 and 13114. I don't monitor the NCC Simulcast as much, but it might be that we have a new user on the system.

Thanks,

Adam
Interesting,
I have no history on the 2 RID's above and see that RID 15383 and 15385 are both online with TG33968 on the NCC system now.

Some other observations from Unitrunker below.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
I've been wondering who dispatched them and where. I frequent the area ill take a closer look at their antennas, I've rarely seen them. If thats the case Delaware should cash in on some federal frequencies when they finally upgrade to phase 1 with so many feds on the system.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
@Audiodave1 and @chrishoerner thanks for looking into this. I figured that the National Park Service had to have a some sort of operations presence up there since it's close to 1000 acres of land. It's interesting that the RIDs fall into the DNR range because I did hear some traffic yesterday indicating that they needed to reach out to KENTCOM who we know dispatches DNREC talk-groups.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
@Audiodave1 and @chrishoerner thanks for looking into this. I figured that the National Park Service had to have a some sort of operations presence up there since it's close to 1000 acres of land. It's interesting that the RIDs fall into the DNR range because I did hear some traffic yesterday indicating that they needed to reach out to KENTCOM who we know dispatches DNREC talk-groups.

Now I’m really curious, I’ll listen for them as well. I assumed they would put up their own vhf p25 repeater, or joined Pennsylvania’s statewide system. They could also be on multiple systems, such as the case on assetugue island (vhf, Maryland first, & Worchester co)

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I think it's likely the First State NHP. I live nearby and have never logged any radio activity related to NPS and don't know of a stand alone repeater. I monitor fed frequencies extensively. My guess is DNREC has always overseen it but perhaps now have a more focused presence in these strange times due to there being heavy congestion in these types of spaces.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Since Brandywine Valley is the largest component of First State NHP, is it safe to assume that 33968 is the operations TGID for that section of the park?

pspc389

Premium Subscriber
The NHP/National Parks Service are headquartered out of Philly, but have access to sw-dnr that kentcom dispatches parks units on. Word has it they use call signs of NPS1 & 2. Rarely hear them.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
33968 seems to be all parking enforcement. Calling each other by last names.

I am correcting myself on the grouping of RID's, for this TG there are 5 radios (so far) just in random-land.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Seem to be weekend parking warriors on 33968. No one online today. Got my recorder on a dozen other TG's that have snuck in since I haven't been running UT on the DE system for some time.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Seem to be weekend parking warriors on 33968. No one online today. Got my recorder on a dozen other TG's that have snuck in since I haven't been running UT on the DE system for some time.

I'm definitely noticing a few more TG's showing up on the NCC Simulcast site in the past week (30320, 29296) so it's interesting how this system continues to add users.

Status
Not open for further replies.