Any problems with purchasing a scanner online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

himages

Hi all....Im about to purchase a scanner online thru a reputable company. Everytime I try to process my order and finalize it, this dreadful bar appears at the bottom stating something like I dont have enough money to buy it or my financial institution wont allow me to purchase it...I already talked to the credit union and they "released" it so I can be authorized to buy it.........when I made another attempt, nope! nadas! Does any other scanner enthusiast have the same problem? thanks in advanced....

NebraskaCoder

Sounds like you need to keep working through the problems with your back or at least contact the company you're trying to buy from. But much anybody else on here can do.

Blackink

I went through this same problem when I was building my computer and ordered over $1000 worth of computer parts from one company: Newegg.com. They wouldn't release the items until I contacted my bank to make sure they gave the order the "OK".
Once that was done, the order went through with no problems.

Good luck with your problem, it seems to be a safeguard online retailers use to protect from themselves from folks who have bad credit or have stolen credit cards and go online to purchase items.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Are you paying with a major credit card or a debit card? That can make a difference. I purchase radio equipment from many sources and photographic equipment from major suppliers without issue. Bear in mind that Hawaii is sometimes considered to be a foreign address. I need to order equipment to be shipped to Alaska and have had weird issues once in a while. I had one person tell me that it was extra to ship outside the continental USA. When I informed him that the last I checked, Alaska was still attached to North America Continent he said he would get it taken care of. Maybe just try a different supplier. Sometimes it is difficult to ship radios that have lithium batteries by air. That is a problem for Alaska and Hawaii. Ask the supplier. They may have a shipping policy for items going outside the lower 48. Some may be more competent than others.

himages

Would you like to share the company name?
they ARE a great company! Blackink may have gotten the problem bullseye! especially with dealing with BIG $$$....a safeguard between buyer and seller......ko6jw I think its due to that LONG plane ride over the pacific ocean to HI and or Alaska....I had a few items that I bought from ebay and told the seller that Im from Hi......either they approved or said NO WAY!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if could have been related to this?

Bank of America experiencing major online glitch, $0 displaying in accounts o_O

N9JIG

Sheriff
Where I work we have issues like this all the time. Often the problem is that the credit card company declines a purchase when the card is not swiped ("Chipped" these days). The usual solution is for the customer to call the card company, verify their identity and approve the purchase, then we try again. Some credit cards have a text solution (mine does) where a purchase they suspect can be verified with a text response, this is much faster and easier.

One of the problems we have had with Hawaii (as well as some of our international) customers is the time difference. By the time we close on the East Coast it is still very early in the AM there. This makes phone support and sales difficult. I have some regular customers in Hawaii, Australia and Guam that often call me in the middle of their night to order or get support. I suppose that is part of the price they pay to live in Paradise.

We handle a lot of these issues with email. This works with small companies much better as there usually is just one or two people who handle these things and a personal response is much more likely. Often however Sales and Support boxes are cleared just once a day so it can take time to clear up ongoing issues.

N4DJC

Similar thing happened with me, BofA has enhanced their security for large purchases.

For years you could use a random CC number generator to buy merchandise online. It only applied to that particular purchase and vendor, but they stopped offering it...made too much sense I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.