SD Card Access Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There have been numerous posts on this. I found several by googling SD card format radio reference in less than a minute.

SeanFL

Is this a newer version of the high endurance Sandisk card? https://amzn.to/2PvTaSX
It was released in 2019, the one linked earlier was 2015. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Seems to tick off the boxes for high endurance.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is this a newer version of the high endurance Sandisk card? https://amzn.to/2PvTaSX
It was released in 2019, the one linked earlier was 2015. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Seems to tick off the boxes for high endurance.

Those are the ones I currently use in all of my SDS200 scanners. Haven't had any problems at all.

SeanFL

Thank you, just ordered the newer Sandisk and the Samsung you linked...both high endurance. Hopefully they both last a long time.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Either card will work just fine...
The only difference is the "Class rating"... Class 1 is slower than a class 3...
But you need a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port to take advantage of that speed... The scanner is a USB 2.0...
Now if your using an external USB 3.0 card reader you will notice a difference on the write and read speed...

Ubbe

That Samsung card info says "This microSDHC card has an endurance rating of up to 17,520 hours " That's exactly 2 years of continuos use and are the reason for that odd number of hours. But they don't state at what bit rate. It supports 4k video so that data rate per second compared to a scanners limited audio rate must make a difference. But perhaps it has nothing to do with write cycles, it's only how long the electronics will work. They give a 2 year warranty, perhaps it's somehow related.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.