TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Does this mean the option option to have the REMOTE file with address to fetch it if we host it on our own will no longer work? Or just better integration for IaR vs the DYI method?
No that's still there, it's just anything related to twotonedetect.net hosting that was removed.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Great idea, I have a hard time telling if TTD is actually running or not and was toying with the heartbeat to see if I could watch this with a script.

I (company reimbursed) paid a person $10 USD on Fiverr to make a similar script that would detect when a file was older than X minutes on CentOS and then e-mail upon error. I no longer have access to the file.

Does this mean the option option to have the REMOTE file with address to fetch it if we host it on our own will no longer work? Or just better integration for IaR vs the DYI method?

Check this out --> TwoToneDetect - HOW TO GET YOUR OWN LINKS IN TEXT MESSAGES

MikeOrlando02

Having some trouble with downloading remote tones and encryption. Just to go for it, I tried to have 73f download my current encrypted tone set to see if it would just work. In debug I can see it print my encryption key and it downloads the encrypted temp tones file, but then nothing else happens and it doesn't merge into the local tones.cfg.

I then uploaded the sample tones.cfg and tried to download that as a remote tone file, success.

My next trial was to use 73f to encrypt the sample local tones.cfg and upload that to FTP and try to retrieve that. Using the GUI tones editor in 73f, I did a save as and entered my key. I assume the path will be relative to the location off TwoToneDetect73f.exe. No file is ever created. The tone editor GUI distorts and I see errors in debug. See attached.

I am thinking I am having a decryption or file format error, but want to try to see if this works with the sample file first, but unable to do so. Any suggestions?
GUI.PNG Debug.PNG

MikeOrlando02

My next trial was to use 73f to encrypt the sample local tones.cfg and upload that to FTP and try to retrieve that. Using the GUI tones editor in 73f, I did a save as and entered my key. I assume the path will be relative to the location off TwoToneDetect73f.exe. No file is ever created. The tone editor GUI distorts and I see errors in debug. See attached.

I did find that when I try to save a tones.enc it creates a temp.tmp file that is a plain text version of the tones.cfg, but it does not complete the encryption and save it as a new file.

MikeOrlando02

Does anyone else seem to get the 404 error often in v73? It appears TTD is still running and functioning in the background, just the interface doesn't respond. Best way to get moving again just to end the task and re-launch?

404Capture.PNG

joey9797

Feed Provider
I have 65c on a windows 7 pc used to work just fine, now all of a sudden it will not save the recording and send ou the 2nd message the one with audio, on the debug it says "permissions denied" Any ideas?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Does anybody know if the "Redundant" feature is still support in V73?
Yes it should still work. That functionality didn't get much in the way of regression testing though so it's possible something may have broken. If you run into issues let me know.

Andy

DC31

Feed Provider
Let me see if I understand your question correctly. You want to use a broadcastify stream as the Audio input to the TTD program?

If so, yes, it is possible. Start the stream playing on your computer, then use pavucontrol to route the audio to a sound card. In the recording tab of pavucontrol, choose Monitor of that sound card as the input to TTD. I may have made this sound simpler than it actually is, but good luck and ask further questions.

medic78

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to do. I couldn't find a windows version of pavucontrol (Im blind I know) but you got me headed down the right path. I found a "virtual audio cable" that let made a virtual in/out and let me map it back to itself. So far it appears to be working, just need to wait and see if it alerts. Thank you

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I'm trying to use a SMTP service as my outgoing SMTP server, they provide a generated username and password for authentication, but not "email address". When I try using that I get the following error int he log. SMTPSenderRefused: (501, '<USERNAME>: sender address must contain a domain', 'USERNAME').

Running version 71c on Windows.

Is there any way this can work with only a user name and not email?

mgublo

Hello, I was wondering if someone could repost the link to the most recent version of this program. Thanks in advance!

DC31

Feed Provider
Here is the “official” download route: