Creating an Uniden SDS database ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRabbit

Are there tools to create a new database for the SDS100/200 ?

I would like to import my country frequency allocation list into a DB - the public available list has frequency and location info - but no channel details like TG, CC, Timeslot - but it would still be a huge benefit, given the SDS will decode these.

Regards

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
So basically you're inquiring about creating favorites lists and/or systems containing info not in the Radioreference database? If so, perhaps you should consider submitting the missing info to the database to make it easier for yourself & others to upload to their scanners? It'd be a whole lot easier than having to create everything "from scratch". Sentinel, Proscan, etc can do this but trust me it's much easier to export from the RR database when the info is updated

OldRabbit

I am in Denmark - and I do have the DMR upgrade on my scanner.

My question was - can I create my own database using any available tool.

I am aware how to create favorites list - and the option to submit data to radioreference.com - but that is not the what I am asking about.

Is there a tool that would allow me to create a database from scratch - from where I can populate favorite lists. If I manage to import the country data and make the list work - I will be happy to share it.

Ubbe

You can start by modifying the existing database and then strip off things to see when it stops to work. There's some additional info in the database that relates to more or less unknown functions, like the frequency list that are used to do the "Compare to Database" that are used in certain search functions in the scanner.

In the database folder on the SD card or in your PC's folder probably at C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database you can take over the Canada part of the database. In the file hpdb.cfg you can go to the line "StateInfo StateId=101 CountryId=2" and change the name tag to Denmark. Remember that you are using StateId 101.

Search for the StateId=101 in the file and you will find it together with a CountyId. Change that to a unique CountyId like 9901 and change the name tag to something like Copenhagen. You can add other regions as well by taking over the next StateId=101 line and change CountyId to 9902. You can delete all other lines with CountryId=2.

In the folder you have all the state files so edit the s_0000101.hpd one. It will look almost exactly as a favorite file. Edit a favorite file you have done by copying the text in it and then paste into the state file just under the AreaCounty line. Remove the lines for quick keys.

The database needs to have referencies to state and county but groups and frequencies doesn't need it. Use the original start of the text in the state file as a template and enter your own state 101 and county 9901 and 9902 numbers. It will look something like this:

TargetModel BCDx36HP
FormatVersion 1.00
Conventional CountyId=9901 StateId=101 Betong Industri Off Conventional
AreaState CountyId=9901 StateId=101
AreaCounty CountyId=9901 CountyId=9901
C-Group CountyId=9901 Soder Off 59.151786 18.218964 25.0 Circle Off Global
C-Freq Farsta Off 162855000 FM 216
C-Group CountyId=9901 City Off 59.151786 18.218964 25.0 Circle Off Global
C-Freq Gullmarsplan Off 162955000 FM 216
C-Group CountyId=9901 Norr Off 59.151786 18.218964 25.0 Circle Off Global
C-Freq Upplands-Väsby Off 162755000 FM 216
C-Group CountyId=9901 Hammarby Off 59.151786 18.218964 25.0 Circle Off Global
C-Freq Hammarby Off 162555000 FM 216
Conventional CountyId=9901 StateId=101 Vaktarbolag Off Conventional 1 1 0 On On 0 Manual 6
AreaState CountyId=9901 StateId=101
AreaCounty CountyId=9901 CountyId=9901
C-Group Copab MPT1327 On 18.500000 59.000000 25.0 Circle Off Global
C-Freq Centralen data On 460275000 FM TONE=Srch 214 Off 0 -1 Off Auto Off On 0 Off

Each section starts with Conventional or Trunk and needs to have state and county info. Each frequency group or trunked group can be referenced to several counties without having to enter the same system several times. Look in the original state file for the syntax. A reference to StateId=0 means that the group will be found in the national folder in Sentinel and CountyId=0 means that it will be found in every county folder for that state.

Now the database can be used and data can be exported to favorite lists. You can enter trunked system the same way. All trunked data are at the end of the file. You can delete all old Canada info from the file.

It is crucial that you keep the format intact with tab between each field. It might be easier to import files into Excel and edit there and then save to the same tab delimited file format. At some positions you can use nordic characters but the scanner doesn't support it so there's no point in using anything else than a US character set.

In Sentinel you can change texts by hexedit the exe file. Canada are found with byte 00 between each character.

Localized-DB.jpg

/Ubbe

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
You can roll your own Favorite Lists in ProScan. I just did one last night for some frequencies I'm trying to identify.

OldRabbit

Thanks for the replies.
Would have to be able to do some kind of automation - hoped there was a tool that could import csv files.

I have 11000+ frequenices/permits in the list covering 25 Mhz to 1.3 Ghz.

What is unique is that the list contains Lat/Long, street address, Antenna elevation, Transmit Power etc for each transmitter. One frequencies may be reused many times across the countries - so this is not 11.000 frequencies - but frequency-customer records.

One record may contain both sender and receiver frequency for systems using repeaters.

Adding a country=3 did not quite work .

IndyScan: Yes, I am working with favorites lists. Would I find interesting is the ability to have all known frequencies in the DB on the SDCard - and then be able to load selected frequencies into a favorite list - perhaps based on 'zipcode'

Will investigate import options in ARC536Pro

OldRabbit

I would probably have to do some serious pre-processing in a SQL database for this to work. Frequenices are Collumns 3-6 in the .csv file I have:

SenderFrequencyStartFloat, SenderFrequencyEndFLoat,Receiver FrequencyStartFloat,ReceiverFrequencyEndFloat
0;0;146,0625;146,0625
27,665;27,665;0,0
etc - followed by a large number of customer/transmitter details.
So the list contains both single frequencies (Transmit or receive) and ranges...

Alt least I managed to get auto-import af data captured in ProScan to import into a DB, so I can search for a transmission on a given frequency - or belonging to a given organisation - within a given time frame. Recorder Grid.log contains all the info required to setup an import

OldRabbit

Oh, I wonder would happen if I submit this huge file to Radioreference.com as input - will it magically appear imported the next morning :)

Ubbe

Adding a country=3 did not quite work.
I know, I tried that too but Sentinel are coded to only handle country 1 and 2.
Would I find interesting is the ability to have all known frequencies in the DB on the SDCard - and then be able to load selected frequencies into a favorite list - perhaps based on 'zipcode'
There's a zip code table and a City table in the SD cards Firmware folder. The ziptable are pretty straightforward with 7 characters that end with 00, so you probably could just use the first 4 positions and then fill with 00. The 8-16 character positions are the GPS values for each zip code so you will need to hex edit that file.

The Citytable are a bit more mysterious as the city names seems to be compressed in some way, you cannot see the names in the file, but I believe that the option to enter the closest city are only supported by HP-I/II.
Oh, I wonder would happen if I submit this huge file to Radioreference.com as input - will it magically appear imported the next morning :)
You have to use the template that RR uses to enter new info. It seems that all data that have been entered that way will appear for that country in RR's database. Uniden will only import USA and Canada but if you sign up to be a paying member to RR's database you, and everybody else that are paying members, can import from RR using ProScan or ARC software.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.